"One of the best spam filters."
SpamAssassin was originally designed to protect big corporate Unix servers against spam and potential harmful messages. However, you can now use the same powerful system on your Windows machine by installing SAwin32, the perfect combination of Razor, SpamAssassin, DCC and SAproxy.
Here’s what you need to know about this utility:
- It acts as a POP3 proxy, meaning instead of connecting to the email server directly and retrieving the messages, you do it via the SAwin32 proxy which filters the emails before sending them to your client, in order to block spam
- Uses advanced patterns to recognize spam messages
- Check with DNSBL and find out if the message was sent from a known spam source
- Connect to Razor and DCC to download the latest fingerprints of the millions of spam messages intercepted
- Artificial intelligence modules that learn how to tell spam messages from real ones
- Whitelist sources you trust
- The developer reassures us the chance of wrongfully identifying a legitimate message as spam is zero
- Support for secure layer protocol (SSL)
- Works with all major email clients (Thunderbird, Outlook, Eudora, etc)
- Given that utility acts as a POP3 proxy, your email accounts need to support POP3 (will not work with accounts that only give you access to the emails via IMAP)
- Works in command line too, if you want to integrate it with other programs
Install SAwin32 and you won’t have to worry about spam messages any longer.
Updated21 Nov 2012
Downloads309 (1 last week)
Top user review