"Setting New Standards in Voice Morphing"
MorphVOX Pro is voice changing software ample for MMO’s fans. Online communications in multi-player online games offer the freedom and temptation to transform your online persona into anything you ever wanted to be. Try this nifty app while it is available for a free trial to make up your mind about the purchase.
Installation requirements are Microsoft .NET Framework and DirectX 8.0.
Installation in itself is simple and clean. There is no bundled software in the pack, but the test license requires activation. Users will have to submit their email address in order to activate the trial version, or use manual activation. Author's note: "Email is not required. You can just hit the submit button without filling in any of the fields when you first run it."
The evaluation version offers 6 days only and opens nag screen every time user launches the application. The full price is slightly expensive, $39.95 per license. However, there just might be a way to purchase it at a better price when you uninstall the program.
The app is compatible with Windows XP / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit.
The MorphVOX Pro offers two modes. The Studio mode has a rather intuitive regular looking interface divided into five panes: one for choosing pre-configured voices, one for pitch and timbre, one for voice effects and graphic equalizer.
The skinned mode is also easy-to-navigate. It displays preconfigured voices and effects you can apply to them. All you need to do is select your text, preconfigured voice, apply some effects if you feel like and you are ready to go. You can record and save your altered voice in .wav files.
- The MorphVOX Pro offers a neat option of cleaning some background noises. This is especially useful for those whose laptops do not have a microphone input slot, and can only use the in-built microphone.
- Integration with online games and IM clients is probably why anyone would even look for a program like this.
- The MorphVOX Pro uses low to moderate bandwidth and CPU.
- It is possible to download additional voice changing and sound effect packs for free.
- The opportunity to add background sounds to your recording.
- The possibility to customize the effects and backgrounds, a variety of skins.
- The opportunity to add environmental effects to your voice.
- MorphVOX Pro Voice Changer offers a variety of free voice and sound packs users can download for free. The application allows almost unlimited variations of tweaking you can apply to the voice.
- The application offers the opportunity to produce an unlimited number of different voices: from babies to aliens and dogs.
- The opportunity to add background sounds to your voice. For example, you can choose a traffic jam background and record a message for your boss saying you will be late.
- The background noise cancellation feature is very handy for those using in-built microphone.
- This program is a nice fit for creating voice-overs for various projects.
- This application allows you to transform your online persona totally.
This software could become a one-stop destination for anyone looking for a voice changing application, but for two drawbacks: the cost of a full version, not a Con per se, but worth mentioning; and the fact that it does not allow to save recordings in mp3 file format. That seems like a mistake from the technical point of view.
MorphVOX Pro Voice Changer is certainly a capable application offering unlimited hours of fun in online gaming communities and on skype with your friends. However, we anticipate the novelty will wear off rather fast. It is truly a gem for online gamers, though. The program offers a rather friendly user interface not overloading users with unnecessary data. It supports both real-time voice processing and processing of audio recordings. We suggest gaming maniacs give it a try.
Requirements: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, DirectX 8.0
What's new in this version: True Stereo, enhanced plugin support
Top user review