"Secure FTP server"
SurgeFTP Server is a FTP server package that can be used by corporations, web hosts or even individuals who wish to run a FTP server from their home office.
The software supports SSL/TLS security implementation to protect file transfers transfers back and forth.
The administration of the server can be managed remotely from any location. There is a convenient status page to view in real-time the number of users, current transfers, and number of connections. Settings can be configured to ensure the FTP traffic can get through NAT firewalls.
Groups of users and individual users can be setup easily. User classes ensure that different groups of users can only access certain folders whilst others can access more. A new home directory is created for each new user setup. A quota can be setup for the side of home directories.
There is a reporting option to view which users are accessing the FTP server, what files are being uploaded or downloaded, and who is using the most bandwidth and resources over time. These activity reports can be emailed out to the admin.
The software is available for Windows, Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD so it is possible for web hosts to run the same FTP server software across different hardware architecture.
The installation completed without any issues.
There was no adware, toolbars, spyware or malware included with the setup package.
SurgeFTP Server requires Windows XP, 2012, 2008, Vista, 7 or 8.
The web-based interface for SurgeFTP is not the most modern but it includes navigation buttons and all the necessary fields and controls to modify settings.
The interface can also be accessed from anywhere using either HTTPS or HTTP.
- FTP server than can handle numerous concurrent connections and high bandwidth usage
- Users and User group configuration
- User quotas in automatically created user home directories
- Status page with real-time stats on current users, transfers, and more
- Remote management of the FTP server
- Includes authentication modules for LDAP, ODBC, SQL, Radius and nwauth
- Limit connections user name or user class or domain
- Set limits on the number of concurrent connections
- Control the download speed per user class
- IP banning
- 30 day trial
- Advanced software that will take time to master.
Ability FTP server can handle pretty much whatever is thrown at it including OpenSSL and digital certificates. Other similar FTP server solutions are FileZilla Server, BulletProof FTP Server, Core FTP Server, and CompleteFTP.
SurgeFTP Server is an excellent FTP server software options for web hosts, corporations and people with a home office.
Top user review