"Purge Cache, Cookies and Tracks for I. E."
If you’re using Internet Explorer as your default browser, you’re not safe. Anyone with minimal computer education can see the sites you visited, the searches you made online, the sites you visit frequently, etc. Are you going to just let them or you’re going to use a professional solution like PurgeIE to completely erase all the digital traces you left behind?
Here’s what you need to know about this utility:
- Have you noticed when you start typing a domain name in the address bar, IE tries to guess your mind and show you the sites you already visited? Now you can clear this data with just one click
- Cookies are files used to track your activities or to remember your credentials when you’re logging in to different online services like email or social networks. With PurgeIE, you can select the cookies you want to keep and the ones that need to go.
- Remove the entries saved automatically in the index.dat file. It may require a system reboot to complete the cleaning process
- Files are saved automatically when you browse sites in a cache folder, which is used to quickly load pages you already visited in the past. You can now delete them easily and free some valuable HDD space
- Worried someone will see what you typed into Google? Scared someone will see your username when they click on the input box and a drop down will show them your credentials? This utility can help you get rid of that too…
- You can use a Preview function to make sure the files you remove, you don’t actually need (better safe than sorry)
Download PurgeIE and you’ll be able to free system resources and remove any tracking data that might give away your online activities.
Requirements: Internet Explorer on VISTA / Win-7 / Win-8
What's new in this version: Added support for the Temp Folders to include those defined via the System Variables TEMP and TMP
Top user review