Start Menu 8 7.1
- Developer Link 1 (StartMenu8_Setup_freeware.exe)
- Download3k US (ver 5.87, StartMenuX_Setup_5_87.exe)
- Download3k EU (ver 5.87, StartMenuX_Setup_5_87.exe)
All files are original. Download3K does not repack or modify downloads in any way. Check MD5 for confirmation.
Review & Alternatives
"Start Menu for Windows 8"
Start Menu 8 is an alternative Start menu or a replacement for the missing Start menu in Windows 8/8.1.
The Start Menu 8 is designed to provide a convenient way to launch programs using the traditional Windows Start button. The look of Start Menu 8 does not try to mimic what is already there with most versions of Windows but instead it looks to create something entirely new whilst still remaining familiar.
The Start Menu 8 is entirely skin-able with plenty of skins provided with the software. This allows the user to customize the look of this key user command tool without having to create the design themselves.
The user profile, name and image are located in the top-left corner of the Start menu. Quick access icons are displayed right below the user profile and image. Key access to Desktop, This PC, Control Panel, Videos, Music, Pictures, Documents, and Programs are shown in the left-hand side. With the dual pane Start menu, a small list of folders granting access to Administrative Tools, Maintenance, Startup Menu 8 options, Windows Accessories, and key Windows programs is shown on the right pane.
There are also useful buttons at the bottom of the right-side pane with commands that can be launched like Settings and shutting down the PC.
The installation proceeded normally without any issues of note. No malicious software was included with the setup package.
The Start Menu 8 requires Windows 8.1, 8 or 7, Vista, or XP (32 and 64 bit)
The interface makes it quite easy to use the Start Menu 8. It is not a problem to add new folders and applications to the start menu system. Adding an owner profile so the user name and profile image appear is also not a problem.
The Start Menu 8 system is also skin-able, so there are many different skins that can be tried out, the user is bound to find a couple that they would like to use.
- Replace Windows with a new Start menu
- Completely new design for how a Start menu can be
- Two pane design
- Many free skins available with alternative designs and layouts
- Task bar can also have a changed icon in place of the standard Windows Start logo
- See more user profile information in top-left corner of Start Menu 8
- Search interface included in the bottom-left corner of the Start menu
Start Menu 8 does a good job of providing an alternative to the traditional Start menu that is present in most versions of Windows (except Windows 8/8.1).
Requirements: 8MB HDD space
What's new in this version: New Release
Popular downloads in System Utilities
- Realtek AC'97 Drivers A4.06
Realtek AC 97 sound driver.
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) 32-bit & 64-bit (KB976932)
The first service pack for Windows 7.
- Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Vista, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 32-bit R2.82
High definition audio driver from Realtek.
- .NET Framework 2.0
The programming model of the .NET
- Driver Cleaner Professional 1.5
Improved version of Driver Cleaner
- RockXP 4.0
Allows you to change your XP product key
- Realtek AC'97 Drivers for Vista/Win7 6305
Multi-channel audio CODEC designed for PC.
- DAEMON Tools Lite 188.8.131.526
The FREE Virtual CD/DVD-ROM-EMULATOR.
- SIW 14.0.0215
SIW - System Information for Windows
- AutoCorect 4.1.5
Diacritice la comanda, punctuatie automata.