SoftPerfect RAM Disk 4.4.1
Review & Alternatives
"A high-performance RAM disk application."
This is a software package that can create a RAM disk. The purpose of a RAM disk is to provide an additional allocated part of some permanent storage that can be used as supplemental RAM memory when a PC has too little memory and no more usually can be added. RAM disks will show as a new drive with a drive letter assigned and can be accessed directly within apps like Windows Explorer. More than one RAM disk can be created. Important files can be stored in a RAM disk to help with faster access to those files.
The installation starts off with a warning for people who have CCleaner software installed already. There is a warning displayed about a conflict between the SoftPerfect RAM disk software and CCleaner software. The warning includes the note to not use image files or image-based RAM disks because they may become corrupted. Volatile RAM disks (unlike what their name might suggest) are not affected by the conflict apparently.
As CCleaner is extremely popular software used by millions of people this is a bit of an issue right off the bat.
The 1.2 MB installation continues after this warning. A Start menu item can be created and then the setup is concluded.
The SoftPerfect RAM Disk starts off as quite a small application window. It has some attractively-designed large toolbar icons at the top for Adding a new RAM disk, Deleting a RAM disk, Refreshing disk display, Mounting the selecting disk, Unmounting the selected disk, Saving the disk contents to an image, and the Help page link.
The menu system above the toolbar offers far more specific options like mounting all available disks rather than just a single one, and other time-saving menu selections that can speed things along and offer a more precise action.
Disks can be mounted at logon or at the boot-up stage. RAM disks can be made to use different file formats like NTFS or various FAT disk types. A drive letter will also be assigned to each mounted RAM disk which can be seen and accessed via Windows Explorer.
- Create multiple virtual RAM disks to speed up Windows performance and file access
- Supplement the existing installed RAM memory
- Only limited by how much storage is available to create a RAM disk
- Store files on a RAM disk to speed up access
- Limitations still apply on RAM disks due to available space on a hard drive and the speed of the hard drive read and write access
- Has issues with creating non-corruptable RAM disks when CCleaner is installed
SoftPerfect RAM Disk is a good way to speed up access to key files and to improve overall system performance. A dedicated RAM disk can help to mitigate a limited installation of RAM memory.
Requirements: A sufficient amount of RAM, depending on the created disks.
Popular downloads in System Utilities
- Realtek AC'97 Drivers A4.06
Realtek AC 97 sound driver.
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) 32-bit & 64-bit (KB976932)
The first service pack for Windows 7.
- Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Vista, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 32-bit R2.82
High definition audio driver from Realtek.
- .NET Framework 2.0
The programming model of the .NET
- Driver Cleaner Professional 1.5
Improved version of Driver Cleaner
- RockXP 4.0
Allows you to change your XP product key
- Realtek AC'97 Drivers for Vista/Win7 6305
Multi-channel audio CODEC designed for PC.
- DAEMON Tools Lite 184.108.40.2066
The FREE Virtual CD/DVD-ROM-EMULATOR.
- SIW 13.8.1029
SIW - System Information for Windows
- AutoCorect 4.1.5
Diacritice la comanda, punctuatie automata.