Maxtor Powermax 4.23
Review & Alternatives
"performs diagnostic read/write verifications"
Maxtor Powermax is an old school hard drive utility from the Maxtor hard drive manufacturer. The software is still available and can be used to look into the viability going forward for both Quantum and Maxtor branded platter-based traditional hard drives to see if they can still be trusted to hold data safely.
The software is capable of running in depth tests for bad sectors and bad clusters which can cause corrupt data problems as well as problems with saving files properly. Any problems with formatting and disk partitions can also be detected by the sorted and resolved for the user.
In cases where a hard drive is installed by Windows is not recognizing it, then this software can help to isolate the problem. The main limitation of the software is that it is incapable of access drives that form part of a RAID disk array so such drives would need to be removed from the RAID array in order to be checked for integrity issues.
The software itself runs from the application download and so doesn't need to be installed directly. It can be run via a USB flash drive which makes it more portable.
The interface is essentially DOS based using only ASCII text characters to provide textual and numerical information with little fan-fare or luxury in the design.
The software when running in Windows will help create a disk that can be used to boot from and run the software at start up. This avoids the issue of what operating system or applications are trying to use the hard drive while it is being tested which could affect the reliability of the results.
- Disk integrity application direct from the Maxtor and Quantum branded source
- Test platter-based traditional hard drives for bad sectors and bad clusters
- Resolve problems with sectors and clusters
- Review formatting and partitions to see if there are were issues with their creation and rectify them if found
- Format hard drives that need to be wiped or refreshed
- Old-fashioned design style
- Cannot access hard drives that are part of a RAID disk array
The CrystalDiskInfo app can provide temperature readouts and hard drive performance checks to determine the health status of the disk drive.
Maxtor Powermax is an older software package, but it still works and can check Maxtor and Quantum hard drives for problems with disk integrity, sectors, and more.
Popular downloads in System Utilities
- Realtek AC'97 Drivers A4.06
Realtek AC 97 sound driver.
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) 32-bit & 64-bit (KB976932)
The first service pack for Windows 7.
- Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Vista, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 32-bit R2.82
High definition audio driver from Realtek.
- .NET Framework 2.0
The programming model of the .NET
- Driver Cleaner Professional 1.5
Improved version of Driver Cleaner
- RockXP 4.0
Allows you to change your XP product key
- Realtek AC'97 Drivers for Vista/Win7 6305
Multi-channel audio CODEC designed for PC.
- DAEMON Tools Lite 220.127.116.116
The FREE Virtual CD/DVD-ROM-EMULATOR.
- SIW 13.8.1029
SIW - System Information for Windows
- AutoCorect 4.1.5
Diacritice la comanda, punctuatie automata.