- Developer Link 1 (mkvtoolnix-32-bit-80.0.0-setup.exe)
- Developer Link 2 (mkvtoolnix-32-bit-126.96.36.199z)
- Developer Link 3 (mkvtoolnix-64-bit-80.0.0-setup.exe)
- Developer Link 4 (mkvtoolnix-64-bit-188.8.131.52z)
- Download3k US (ver 75.0.0, mkvtoolnix-32-bit-75.0.0-setup.exe)
- Download3k EU (ver 75.0.0, mkvtoolnix-32-bit-75.0.0-setup.exe)
All files are original. Download3K does not repack or modify downloads in any way. Check MD5 for confirmation.
Review & Alternatives
"Alter and inspect Matroska files"
MKVToolnix is not so much a program as a collection of utilities that help when working with Matroska MKV video files. Access Matroska MKV video files by loading them into the utility. View the meta data associated with a MKV file and make changes to the meta data where desired. Take more than one Matroska file and merge them together in any order. Take a MKV file and extract out its raw components (MKV is essentially a file archive container for video content).
MKVToolNix works from a collection of tools named MKVMerge, MKVInfo, MKVExtract, MKVPropEdit and MMG. These files were created separately to provide different services related to Matroska MKV file usage. The application collectively will work with MKV files, but also often with MPEG, AVI, MP4, H.264/AVC, Dirac, VC1, Real Video, and OGG/OGM. Audio file formats that the software can work with include AAC, MP2, MP3, DTS, DTS-HD, RealAudio, Vorbis, AC3 and AAC. Several subtitle formats are also compatible with the software including SRT, VobSub, SSA, ASS and PGS/SUP.
The Matroska file format is a fairly new one that is used specifically for HD video content. It requires considerably more computing power in order to play content but the content can often be greatly condensed for smaller file sizes while maintaining most of the HD quality. The compression ratio within a Matroska file can be manipulated in a trade-off between HD quality and file size.
If you need more than Download3k's mirror, then developer's installation page is here. You can find there a 32-bit and 64-bit version of the software for Windows and also a Linux version too. A Mac version is available separately.
About 89.9 MB of available space is needed to complete the setup process. The initial setup window suggested a folder to install to and a Browse button to use if a different folder is desired instead. Then the setup program goes ahead with the install. A desktop shortcut icon can be created and a Start menu entry is also configured to load in unless it is declined.
The various tools that comprise MKVToolNix use similar interfaces that include menus and tabs used to good effect. Plenty of list boxes, drop down lists and buttons to click in order to configure each application for what is needed from them.
Overall: Business-like presentation.
- MKVToolNix comprises: MKVMerge, MKVInfo, MKVExtract, MKVPropEdit and MMG
- Work with Matroska MKV files that can display HD content well
- View and edit Matroska files
- Merge files together that were previously split up
- Extract Matroska video files out to their raw parts
- Work with different video, audio, and subtitle files other than MKV
- Windows, Linux and Mac versions available
- Some people may have preferred a single utility approach.
MKVToolNix is recommended as a collection of software that can help users work better with MKV files.
Popular downloads in MP3 Audio Video
- Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for 2000/XP/2003 32/64-bit R2.74
High definition audio driver from Realtek.
- 3GP Player 2013 1.4
Free 3GP Player for Pc
- iTunes 184.108.40.206
Manage and play your music collection.
- Windows Media Player 11
One of the best media player
- Total Video Converter 3.71
Total Video Converter
- TVexe TV HD 6.0
Watch free live TV on your PC now+ Radio
- K-Lite Codec Pack Full 17.9.4
A collection of codecs and related tools.
- Windows Media Player 9 Codecs Pack
The latest Windows Media codecs
- VLC media player 3.0.20
A portable app of VLC media player.
- KMPlayer 220.127.116.11 x86 / 2023.11.24.16 x64
A movie and audio player.