- Developer Link 1 (lockhuntersetup.exe)
- Download3k US (ver 184.108.40.206, lockhuntersetup_3-1-1.exe)
- Download3k EU (ver 220.127.116.11, lockhuntersetup_3-1-1.exe)
All files are original. Download3K does not repack or modify downloads in any way. Check MD5 for confirmation.
Review & Alternatives
"Forced removal of any files in the system"
Your computer must have been a victim of malware and viruses invasion at some point of time, which ultimately infect files on the computer. Sometimes, Antivirus also might not be successful in its job since the viruses can block its files and processes, hence disrupting the antivirus. Fortunately, there is ‘LockHunter’ which is a free and lightweight software with the ability to unlock, copy, rename or delete the files that are locked due to reasons unknown to you and are difficult to remove from the system. It sends the deleted files to Recycle bin, so that you can restore them if deleted by mistake.
The three-step installation of this software is a matter of just few seconds. It only confirms the location of the software and nothing else. On the setup completion,Â you will be directed to LockHunter’s website where some easy steps to use it are mentioned and at the bottom of the page is a link for “User Manual”, in case you want to check out more details like Command line options or FAQs. It is compatible with these OS: Windows 2K / XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 2003.
The graphical interface is user-friendly and intuitive. The layout is designed in a way that even someone with basic computer knowledge can operate it. There is a Hint given in the main window about how to use it, plus ‘Command line options’ link is displayed which redirects you to LockHunter’sÂ online manual.
The text area present at the top of window is meant to enter the locked file name and at the bottom, menu options are shown to carry out required function with the selected file such as Unlock It, Delete It, Other (for Copy or Rename), and Exit (from the application).
- It is truly an easy to use application as another way to check a locked file kept anywhere on your system is by simply right-clicking that file, then menu will show “What’s locking this file?” option from where you can use LockHunter
- For any selected file, LockHunter displays the process which is locking it and provides various options to user about what has to be done with the file like deleting it, unlocking it, copying it or renaming it
- The software can close the process that is locking a file and in case the process is associated with malware or viruses, then LockHunter helps in protection of computer’s data and privacy
- In some cases when Windows restrict to delete a file due to any reason, then select “Delete At the Next System Restart” option under Other menu which will allow you to delete the file at next restart of the system
- The software automatically checks for version updates once in five days, although you can also check it manually from ‘Check for Updates’ option under Menu link
- You also have the privilege to use command line functions for operating the software includingÂ options like unlock, delete, kill, silent, and more
- Checking “More Detail” option lets you see hidden details of the process like service name, process ID and a process command line
- Apart from checking individual files, it can analyze and remove all the locked filed from a specific folder in one go
- It cannot handle files locked due to permission related problem
- Sometimes files might get damaged during unlocking process
Other similar products that can help you to handle locked files are Unlocker, IObit Unlocker, and FileAssasin. All these are freewares with similar functions of unlocking or eliminating files that cannot be accessed and give error messages such as: Access is denied, file is not currently in use, make sure the disk is not full or write-protected, and so on.
Even though there are other substitutes for this software but LockHunter does stand out due to its easy-to- use interface and the fact it runs on very low system resources, without hampering the system’s performance. LockHunter is a simple utility which provides efficient solution for removing and unlocking locked files, which might get annoying otherwise.
Requirements: Windows XP and higher computer, 9 MB HDD, 512 MB RAM
What's new in this version: - Reworked the user interface - Multiple file selection - Drag and drop support - Ability to manage files to delete on OS restart - Improved performance - Bug fix
Popular downloads in System Utilities
- Realtek AC'97 Drivers A4.06
Realtek AC 97 sound driver.
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) 32-bit & 64-bit (KB976932)
The first service pack for Windows 7.
- Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Vista, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 32-bit R2.82
High definition audio driver from Realtek.
- .NET Framework 2.0
The programming model of the .NET
- Driver Cleaner Professional 1.5
Improved version of Driver Cleaner
- RockXP 4.0
Allows you to change your XP product key
- Realtek AC'97 Drivers for Vista/Win7 6305
Multi-channel audio CODEC designed for PC.
- DAEMON Tools Lite 18.104.22.1686
The FREE Virtual CD/DVD-ROM-EMULATOR.
- SIW 13.8.1029
SIW - System Information for Windows
- AutoCorect 4.1.5
Diacritice la comanda, punctuatie automata.