EF StartUp Manager 24.02
- Buy $14.50
- Developer Link 1 (EF_StartUp_Manager.zip)
- Download3k US (EF_StartUp_Manager.zip)
- Download3k EU (EF_StartUp_Manager.zip)
All files are original. Download3K does not repack or modify downloads in any way. Check MD5 for confirmation.
Review & Alternatives
"Control what programs run at the system start"
EF StartUp Manager is a manager to deal with all the programs that want to run when Windows starts. The program does a much better job than other startup managers because it lets the user see the different categories that startup programs can be added to the Windows registry which triggers them to be loaded when Windows boots up.
There are options to immediately launch the program as it is configured for startup next time and also to delete the startup entry.
Installation went perfectly and there were no surprises. No adware or malware was added or offered during setup. This is a trial version and there were repeated nag screens about the paid version.
The software will work with any version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) after Windows 95. There is also a portable version in a ZIP file container that does not need to be installed.
The left sidebar shows the different categories of start up. The default Windows Startup displays all the current startup programs that will load the next time Window starts. This is then split out below to the current user and all users.
Startups stored in the Windows registry are shown next under the current user and the local machine. These categories are split out further under both current user and local machine into Run, RunOnce, RunOnceEx, and RunServices. The major distinction here is that items like a virus scan may be scheduled to run at the next startup, but not trigger every time, in which case that program item will be found in one of the RunOnce categories.
The Win.ini gets its own special category as well. This is divided into a Load and a Run category. The System.ini and a Controlled Startup categories round out the choices.
In the right sidebar, there are columns when showing a startup item which details the Name, Command, Parameters, Section, and State. This provides greater detail on each startup item.
Selecting a startup item and right-clicking it will bring up a context menu. The options include the option to run the startup item as it is specified in the startup details, or to delete the startup item so it will not start up. There is no option to disable an entry like there is in the Startup manager in CCleaner.
- Extremely specific control of each type of startup across Registry startups, System.ini. Win.ini, and Controlled Startup categories.
- Delete or execute the load sequence for a given startup entry
- Extra options to load the autoexec.bat, config.sys or boot.ini system files
- Import or Export the Windows registry
- Lacks a disable entry to keep the startup item, but disable its action temporarily.
EF StartUp Manager offers excellent control over all aspects of programs that wish to startup in Windows.
Requirements: Typical Windows Installation
What's new in this version: More improvements
Popular downloads in System Utilities
- Realtek AC'97 Drivers A4.06
Realtek AC 97 sound driver.
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) 32-bit & 64-bit (KB976932)
The first service pack for Windows 7.
- Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Vista, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 32-bit R2.82
High definition audio driver from Realtek.
- .NET Framework 2.0
The programming model of the .NET
- Driver Cleaner Professional 1.5
Improved version of Driver Cleaner
- RockXP 4.0
Allows you to change your XP product key
- Realtek AC'97 Drivers for Vista/Win7 6305
Multi-channel audio CODEC designed for PC.
- DAEMON Tools Lite 126.96.36.1996
The FREE Virtual CD/DVD-ROM-EMULATOR.
- SIW 14.0.0215
SIW - System Information for Windows
- AutoCorect 4.1.5
Diacritice la comanda, punctuatie automata.