"A full-featured CAD solution."
VariCAD 2014 is a specific CAD tool for developing 2D and 3D models for mechanical engineers. Drafting out 2D drawings and 3D computer modeling, this tool can be used for crash tests, sheet metal unbending, mechanical part calculating, as well as title blocks and bills of materials. 3D modeling is the natural modeling process with VariCAD, with the conversion to 2D after the model is completed being perhaps the best approach. The file format compatibility is good with DXF, DWG, IGES, STEP and STL are all supported for file saving and transfer of developed 2D and 3D models to be viewed in other packages later.
VariCAD 2014 Key Features:
- Mechanical engineer-based CAD package
- Run calculations tailed to engineers
- Save models in DXF, DWG, IGES, STEP and STL formats (2D/3D saving support varies depending the format)
- Requires Windows
VariCAD 2014 is a CAD packages specifically for mechanical engineers with options tailored to this niche.
Updated31 Aug 2020
Downloads2,432 (1 last week)
Top user review
by brecat on 5 Oct 2020
2. User-friendly licensing policy.
3. Availability of equivalent versions for Windows and Linux.
4. The program does not require a powerful computer and can work properly on a mediocre laptop.
2. Incomplete documentation. For example, some hotkeys are not documented.
3. The VariCAD support team likes to ignore user questions. The support forum is also in a half-dead state.
4. Sometimes the behavior of the program contradicts the documentation.