CurTiPot Acid-Base pH and Titration 4.1
Published by Ivano G. R. Gutz on 31 Aug 2014
OSWindows, Mac OS
DeveloperIvano G. R. Gutz
Updated31 Aug 2014
Downloads1,028 (2 last week)
"Acid-base equilibria, pH and titration"A pH Calculator, a Virtual Titrator, a Real Titration Data Analyzer, a Distribution Diagram Generator - that's CurTiPot, the all-in-one freeware to learn, teach and work with chemical equilibrium of acids, bases, salts and buffers at home, classroom, interactive "dry lab", routine or research laboratory. Features of this powerful suite of MS Excel spreadsheets embrace:
* pH calculation of any aqueous solution of strong and weak acids, bases, salts, buffers and mixtures of up to 7 polyprotic systems (>40 species), with buffer capacity and activity coefficient estimation;
* Simulation and overlay of any acid-base titration, with or without pH and/or volume random errors. Titration with visual endpoint detection of "unknown" samples for learning, practicing and evaluating the feasibility and accuracy of new titrations.
* Analysis of pH vs. volume data from simulated and real potentiometric titration curves by two methods: i) graphical representation of curves, assisted by cubic splines interpolation and smoothing of derivative curves, for accurate evaluation of inflections (end-points); ii) determination of concentrations and refinement of pKa values by multiple nonlinear regression (based on the Solver supplement of Excel), essential for difficult titrations with undefined inflections, e.g., acid rain.
* Generation of acid-base species distribution diagrams and curves of buffer capacity, protonation level and average charge as a function of pH and added volume of titrant, with isoelectric point detection.
* Expandable database with pKa values of 250 acids and bases.
Simply unzip the curtipot_.xlsm file, open it with Microsoft Excel, enable macros and start learning, working and teaching. No install/uninstall required, all macros are removed by closing the file. The software is completely free for educational and non-commercial not-for-profit use.
Requirements: Microsoft Excel (2007 onwards, for Windows or MAC; former .xls versions for older Excel available on
What's new in this version: Colors of visual indicators in the new virtual Titration module can now be loaded directly from the Database
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K has downloaded and tested CurTiPot Acid-Base pH and Titration on 10 Sep 2014 with some of Today's best antivirus engines and you can find below, for your convenience, the scan results: