DeveloperTyping Master Finland Oy
Updated15 Dec 2021
Downloads4,815 (4 last week)
"Take your typing to the next level"
TypingMaster Typing Tutor is a typing program that combines standard tests, customized tests, computerized tests based on past typing mistakes and can even monitor daily computer use to further pick up on errors made and tailor new training to work on weaknesses found.
The full range of the keyboard can be tested including letter, numbers, the numeric keypad, special characters, and more.
There are timed drills, adjustable time trials, speed building exercises and even tips on where to place the hands for better ergonomics.
The Typing Meter Widget is a little controversial as it can monitor keyboard entry when not using the TypingMaster software directly recording words entered during the course of a day. This can be used to pick up on further typing mistakes and change training accordingly (the word recording can be easily disabled within the software).
The installation required 11.2 MB available disk space to setup and completed without any difficulties. There was an attractive splash screen during the installation which gives a good graphical preview of what to expect when using the typing tutor.
There were no malicious software, adware or toolbars included with the setup program.
TypingMaster Typing Tutor requires Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 7, or Windows Server.
When starting to use the application for the first time, the user is asked to enter their name.
The initial screen for Studying has some basic settings and a sidebar menu on the right side. The menu options include Studying, Typing Meter, Custom Review, Typing Test, Games, Statistics, Settings, and About.
The application can be set to automatically load for the typist. There are notification options to be alerted when typing training is needed or when to take a break (with several time choices to choose between).
- Typing tutor to help learn how to be a faster, more accurate typist
- Very attractive and colorful interface
- 10 hours of interactive training is included
- Timed typing tests
- Typing courses include letters and number keys, the numeric keypad, and special character keys. Improvements to speed and better hand/body positioning for good ergonomics is also included.
- Colorful layout which makes it easy to see where the fingers should be placed
- Try out typing games to make learning and practice more interesting
- Typing Meter Widget that analyzes typing performance during the workday and can adjust training based on mistakes and perceived weaknesses
- Keyboard monitoring during the day can be configured where keyboard capture is disabled for security reasons
- Optimize training to suit certain emphasis or weaknesses
- Change the duration of exercises when results are improving quickly
- New tests are devised by the software based on previous typing errors
- Usernames, passwords and other sensitive information can be captured by the application as it passively monitors typing during the day outside of use of the application (word capture can be disabled).
TypingMaster Typing Tutor is an excellent typing training program which can do wonders for improving both speed and accuracy with its range of adaptable training methods, exercises and timed tests.
Requirements: 20 MB free disk space, 2 GB RAM
What's new in this version: Significant improvements and new features, including: - Updated Typing Meter Widget - Optimized duration based on user progress - More detailed reports and extensive feedback - New course material e.g. Junior course - Redesigned for better user experience - Several enhancements for better usability and performance
Top user review