"Organize your music collection on your PC"
People who are ardent about music obviously have huge collections of their favourite songs and albums, but maintaining them can become a tedious task. Music Label serves this purpose as it is a tool designed to organize music library and its database with just a few clicks. It can scan various types of media including hard drives, audio CDs, vinyls, and digital files (MP3 and WMA) to find music files and catalog these files to your music collection. There is no need to manually edit information of your tracks as all this information is downloaded from its online databases. Its built-in loan manager even lets you keep track of CDs available on loan.
Before starting the installation, it is recommended to close all other running applications. The generic details that you need to enter are – setup destination path, Start Menu folder, and additional icons (Desktop and/or Quick Launch Icon). In the final step, you can enable the options to view its Readme.txt file and to launch the application after the installation completes. After the installation, you need to select the language for its interface and its Database location. Following operating systems support this application: Windows XP / Vista/7 / 8.
Interface of Music Label is pleasant, modern, and intuitive. At first, its abundant features and options might give an impression that it is difficult to use this application but that is not so. All the options are grouped quite nicely in its window, for instance, there are four tabs shown for the master menu options like File, Home, Modification, and Data. For each of this tab, separate set of features and icons are shown in the toolbar. The left panel (below the toolbar) displays a treeview of music collection media including Albums, Tracks, On Loan, Playlists, and Wanted Item. The list of tracks and albums is displayed to its right in the main area which can also be viewed in another mode like thumbnails.
- Organize your huge music library with just a few clicks; simply scan your system’s hard drive, inserted audio CDS or type the title to download all the information of your tracks
- It uses CDDB2 and ID3 technology to download all the information from its online databases about your albums and their tracks. It can download information ranging from cover art and musicians to genre and release year, and so on
- With its powerful search engine you can find tracks from your music collection with a single click
- Its built-in loan manager lets you keep tracks of the CDs on loan. You can also loan out an album to someone from your own music collection and if a loan is overdue with someone, then you can either send a reminder via e-mail or remind them using Skype
- Reports can also be created for your music library based on different criterias like Artist Oriented, Cover Art, Loan Oriented, Music Director, and more. These reports can be printed as well as exported in various formats like PDF, TXT, DOC, RTF, JPG, and PNG
- View statistics of your music collection in Diagram and Data mode; these statistics are created on the basis of following details – music style, release year, rating, and record label
- You can change the settings of the application itself from its Options window; the changes include – interface language, Theme, Check for Update on startup, AutoFormat of user-input,Â and autocounter for Catalog number of a new Album
- More advanced settings can also be done like using optimized mode with large databases, using accent insensitive searching, filtering by Artist instead of Title when using Quickfilter and so on
- The ‘Data’ tab offers many useful tools such as Music Style (adds/removes music styles like blues, hip-hop, and folk), Rename Audio Files (automatically renames audio files in a pre-defined name format), Duplicate Finder (finds duplicate audio files in digital music collection), and Audio File Clean-up (removes the tracks where audio file association is incorrect)
- Automatic Backup of database can also be performed with Music Label which is important to safeguard your music files from being lost in times of hard drive failure, virus invasion or data corruption
None found here.
Musicnizer is a smart music organizer that can scan your music collection and create a song catalog by downloading information from its online databases about each album and artist, including information like cover art, genre, track list, label, release year, and much more.
Music Label is a powerful music management system which not only lets you download massive amounts of music information from its online database but also enables you to create their reports and view their statistics. This versatile application keeps track of albums on loan, can rename audio files in one go, find duplicate audio files, backup music database and perform a handful of other amazing features making it an idle option for organizing a large music library. The beauty of its trial version is that unlike other tools, it lets you enjoy all the features for a period of 14 days, so go ahead and make use of this useful tool.
Requirements: Pentium processor, 128 MB RAM
What's new in this version: Updated UI. New user views. Better hard drive scanning.
Top user review