"The ultimate real time strategy game in space"
Galactic Dream - Rage of War is a hi-tech futuristic strategy game for real fans of the genre. Two humanoid species are at war - the Terrans and the Argo. The Terrans have enormous military fleet and transporters that carry colonists to Cygnus Arm. The warp space travel is interrupted by warp core recharge and resource filling. The Argo, on the other hand, are a technologically advanced and hostile species traveling across galaxies in search of new planets to mine resources. Their technologies have been perfected throughout centuries of space travel and star energy manipulation. They keep an eye on humans and want to prevent them from reaching their destination. Somewhat complicated and boring for newbies, this may be a viable option for the strategy experienced gamers.
The pack does not contain any bundled software. The demo version is fully functional. However, it does not run when sandboxed. After the installation, the prompt window suggests some options to customize the game - screen resolution, sound and other performance affecting settings.
The interface is anything you would expect from a futuristic space strategy game. The visuals are attractive and immersing. On one hand, you find the options, tutorials and modes easily. On the other hand, the game involves a steep learning curve. I am sure the strategy fans will find themselves at home here, but newbies to this type of game will have a hard time sorting out what to do first. However, if you like the detailed visuals, you will dedicate some time to understanding the strategy.
- Immersing gameplay for strategy fans: the users get to lead one of the two species at war - the Terrans and the Argo.
- Both species are highly developed and intelligent.
- Both species come with different playing styles, so you get to explore both.
- Advanced technology trees, combat tactics.
- There are overall 50 units and buildings, each having its importance in terms of intergalactic strategy.
- Take control of space fleet and immerse yourself in an intergalactic war.
- A 3D GUI provides multiple angles of the battlefield.
- The Galactic Dream world is fascinating in visual performance.
- Two modes - Single Player and Multiplayer offer further diversity to explore.
- Single Player mode offers randomized maps.
- The multiplayer mode allows up to 8 players.
- Possibility to play over the Internet, or LAN.
- Advanced control feature allows to move massive building structures simultaneously.Campaign Editor allows players create their own customized campaigns.
AlternativesSpace Settlers is a free online multi-player Sci-Fi game for iOS iPhone, iPod and iPad, featuring "mecha combat and real-time strategy", with splendid color and cinematographic scenes. It is diverse and easy to play. Plants Vs. Zombies offers 26 types of zombies you need to fight with 49 zombie-zapping plants. The PC version features 50 Adventure levels, 20 Mini-Games, Puzzle and Survival modes, and the zombie-free Zen Garden. And don't miss all 20 new achievements and the interactive Zombatar.
Galactic Dream Rage of War is a real-time strategy intergalactic warfare. Featuring two species at war, Galactic Dream is a classic alien invasion plot with a rich feature set. Massive intergalactic battles, relatively fast creation of armies requires thorough strategic planning. Advanced users may want to try out the demo version. Beginning users may want to explore other offers of the strategy game market, possibly free ones in order to master the strategy skills.
What's new in this version: Experience pure destruction and witness massive battles!
Top user review