"Designed to work as an SSL encryption wrapper"
If you want to encrypt your transmissions to make sure no one intercepts your communications, you can use Stunnel to create a SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption wrapper when you connect to a remote client or server.
Here’s what you need to know about Stunnel:
- It’s commonly used to add the SSL protocol to daemons like IMAP, POP3, POP2 in order to secure email communication without adding any additional code in the existing programs
- It can be used with any inetd daemons, not only those responsible for emails
- Relies on OpenSSL and SSleay libraries, so it can use any algorithm included for encryption
- It can be used in multi-threading environments (support for Fork, Pthread and Ucontext)
- In order to minimize the load, it can share it between multiple servers
- Compresses the packets for faster transfers
- Support for IP version 6 (and earlier)
Download Stunnel if you want to easily encrypt communications without making any changes to the code of the programs you already have installed.
Updated5 Apr 2017
Downloads3,502 (7 last week)
Top user review