"Best choice of easy and powerful web browse!"
Greenbrowser is a full-featured, highly configurable, low in memory requirement, and compact web browser, which is based on Internet Explorer’s core, and so is sometimes dubbed as ‘IE clone’. In fact, this browser has many more powerful features to offer than the basic IE browser including, multi-tabbed browsing, autofill forms, ad filters, mouse drag and drop, boss key, auto scroll, and much more. Moreover, you can use it as a search engine as well and it is multilingual.
Installation of Greenhouse is quick, simple and requires just few clicks. During installation, you will be asked to select the preferred location of software, its shortcut name, additional tasks to be performed, and the language you prefer for the browser. After following these basic steps, you will be set to use the browser. Greenbrowser is compatible with Windows 8/Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT.
Interface of this browser is eye-pleasing, a bit old fashioned though and is intuitive, so anyone can adapt to it quickly. The icons are user-friendly making it simple to understand their functions; the ones in toolbar at the top are for functions like refreshing, undo closed, google search, highlight, find and so on; whereas the icons at the bottom of browser are mainly to handle viewing or controlling the browser windows such as zoom, new home page, window manager, and more. Menu options are also self-explanatory, albeit, if a feature is not clear, Help option can be referred which has proper documentation.
- A worth-mentioning feature is the Ad filter, where you can customize your own filter list to block advertisements according to your desire
- Autofill forms is a very useful feature which automatically fills forms like Identity, General form, Multi-account form, and Auto submit form , making it a very convenient and time-saving option for you
- Greenbrowser serves as Search Engine also, you can simply drag and drop the text into the search button to start the searching
- Mouse Drag is another handy feature with which you can drag images, text, links to perform functions on them like open, search, collect, copy, and more
- Automatic URL pasting is a unique feature in which all you have to do is copy the required URL and open a new browser window, the URL will be automatically pasted in the address bar
- Multiple thumbnails displayed on a blank web page can be customized, minimizing the effort of navigating to your favorite or preferred websites
- Groups feature lets you save various pages as a group which later can be opened at once with one click
- Searching from Google on the homepage is a bit confusing since it opens a new window and does not display the search to the foreground (which you might not realize if multiple pages are open)
- Performance of the browser slows down while multiple resource heavy pages are opened
- Although its interface is easy-to-understand but it lacks modern touch like other big brand browsers
- The green “G” icon hovering in middle of the pages can be a bit annoying
Some of the widely known alternative web browsers for Greenbrowser are Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Midori, Maxthon, and Internet Explorer. Most of these browsers are well established and have already created a niche in the market, so can be used without a second thought.
Although there are some minor negatives attached to the browser like its performance on multiple heavy pages and its old school look, but Greenhouse still holds its ground, thanks to its accessible user interface and handful of useful functions. If you are keen to experiment with a new browser and want to ditch other branded browsers, then Greenbrowser might not disappoint you.
What's new in this version: add: close icon for all tabs. fix: blur bug when mouse drag under win8. fix: function bug when mouse drag link and image under win8. fix: input method bug of address bar and search bar under win8. fix: bug of new version check under win8. improve: add open form button in set form data dialog. improve: menu of mouse drag image.
Top user review