"Fix, Speed Up and Secure Your PC"
System Mechanic Professional is the premium version of this system utility for Windows systems. The software is designed to clean up the Windows registry, delete junk files, fix configuration problems, run virus & spyware scans and resolve a host of other maintenance issues.
Installation is easy to do. The application offers a choice of installing System Mechanic Professional, Search and Recover, DriveScrubber and System Shield AntiVirus and AntiSpyware. If a system already has another anti-virus program installed, then the application will suggest not installing their System Shield. There was no adware bundled in. It is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8, as well as Windows 10 Technical Preview.
The interface is professional. The slick-looking dashboard is on the left sidebar with expandable menu options just by clicking the down arrow keys. In the main pane is where the information is displayed. Initially the system will show the “Analyse Now” button so System Mechanic Professional can be put through its paces. Other windows overlap this main dashboard depending on the task being performed. Suitable for beginner users who take care, but aimed at intermediate to advanced Windows users. Very clean design which is pleasing to the eye.
- Polished design
- More than 70 individual optimization tools
- LiveBoost with Power Modes helps your PC perform as needed in various situations
- LiveBoost has the ability to create power modes, useful for expert users
- Attractive progress pop-up as software performs the action(s) requested
- Suggests lists of actions rather than needing user to run through entire dashboard
- Effective cleaner for registry, old data and unwanted programs
- RAM optimizer with RAMJet
- Good security file shredding and drive shredding to protect data when disposing of hardware
- Manages CPU demand to balance available resources via OptiCore feature
- Fixes disk errors, defragments drives and registry too
- Good startup manager which highlights the programs that are likely to be not needed; based on crowd-sourced information from other users
- Toolbar within dashboard hides away many extra actions which can help the system perform better
- Advanced version with any bugs removed by now; iolo have 16 years' experience cleaning PCs
- Many of the same features are available with free versions of other apps
- Possibly overwhelming list of features within the dashboard
- LiveBoost Â lacks fast option to optimize RAM to clean memory bottleneck (included with ioBit SystemCare).
- Expensive at $59.99-69.99 compared to ioBit SystemCare Pro at $29.99 (but System Mechanic has anti-virus and other additional tools)
For users who want a single utility that covers all the bases, System Mechanic Professional is certainly a solid contender. It's a classy product that does what it says. As such, it will suit Windows users who need efficiency over price.
For other users who are comfortable finding several applications to cover all their requirements for system utility, clean up, anti-virus, file shredding and more, then a combination of other applications will work out cheaper unless buying the pro version of each alternative.
Requirements: Windows 10, 8.1, 8 or 7 with latest updates fully applied; 100 MB HDD space; 512 MB RAM
What's new in this version: Redesigned GUI: Streamlined installation flow New clean and simplified dashboard New in-product tutorials New Network Scanner New Process Scanner Enhancements: Improved antivirus protection and virus definition AI-based threat detection Macro variant detection Packed executables detection
Top user review