"Portable free PC repair/diagnostic tool box."
IObit Toolbox is a portable tool which can help to diagnose problems with a PC and set about fixing them. The software includes over 20 different computer tools in a single package.
The many diagnostic tools are divided into five distinct categories to make them more understandable.
There is a tool to clean the Windows computer and one to fix obvious Windows issues. The Windows registry can be de-cluttered and cleaned. Other general clutter from the system can also be removed. Private browsing and other activity can be deleted. The hard drive can be cleaned and disk errors fixed.
Internet speeds can also be addressed where Windows is wrongly configured and slowing down upload or download speeds.
A startup manager is included which can help to remove apps that are starting when Windows does, extending the boot time and possibly slowing down an older PC more than is necessary.
IObit Toolbox installs without any issues.
There was no adware, toolbars, spyware or malware included with the distribution.
IObit Toolbox requires Windows OS.
The interface is full of color but uses muted tones to not overwhelm the user.
The five navigation sections down the left side of the app are Clean, Optimize, Repair, Security, and Control. Within each section there are at least four tools (and often more). Selecting the appropriate tool for use will bring up a new window with options for how to get the most out of that system tool.
- Optimize Windows with improved RAM speed, a boost to internet speeds, a Startup Manager and a defrag of the Windows registry
- Fix Windows issues, hard disk errors, invalid shortcuts and recover previously deleted files
- Clean the system, clean the hard drive, and look for issues with privacy
- Manage Windows Processes better and look for holes in security
- Analyze disk usage, seek duplicate files taking up space and get advanced system information
- Portable app
- Doesn't provide tools that don't appear in other packages like their IObit Advanced SystemCare package which receives more attention.
System Mechanic is a good alternative to ioBit products which offers very similar system utility features.
IObit Toolbox is a packed system tool manager which offers many of the same tools that other better known packages offer, however it is a very useful tool for IT technicians who need a portable repair tool for use as a general purpose system utility.
Requirements: 300 MHz processor or faster processor, 256 MB of RAM, 35 MB of free hard disk space.
What's new in this version: + Improved interface + Improved tools * Fixed general bugs
Top user review