Updated24 Aug 2016
Downloads70 (1 last week)
"Free utility for storage device diagnostics."HDDScan is a freeware utility for hard drive diagnostics with RAID arrays, Flash USB and SSD drives support. The program can test storage device for errors (bad sectors and bad blocks), show S.M.A.R.T. attributes and change some HDD parameters such as AAM, APM, etc.
HDDScan can be useful for performing the regular "health test" for your drive and predicting its degradation, so you will be able to prevent data loss and backup your files before you will have to contact a data recovery service.
Software can be used as a hard disk temperature monitor and reading/writing benchmark â€“ performance graph is displayed for every test.
Supported storage devices:
- IDE (ATA) and SATA HDD
- SCSI (SAS) HDD
- External USB drives and all major USB boxes
- FireWire or IEEE 1394 HDD
- RAID volumes made of ATA (IDE) / SATA / SCSI HDDs (surface tests only)
- USB Flash (pen drives) â€“ surface tests only
- SATA / ATA SSD â€“ solid state drives
Storage device tests:
- Verification in linear mode â€“ checks if your drive needs data rescue, has recoverable errors or in its perfect shape
- Reading in linear mode â€“ simpler, but faster disk check
- Erasing in linear mode
- Reading in Butterfly mode (synthetic random read)
- Reading and analyzing SMART parameters from ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD
- Reading and analyzing Log Pages from SCSI HDD
- SMART tests running on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD
- Temperature monitor for ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire/SCSI HDD
- Reading and analyzing identity information from ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire/SCSI HDD
- Changing AAM, APM, PM parameters on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD
- SSD SMART and Identity reports
- Reporting defect information on SCSI HDD
- Spindle start/stop function on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire/SCSI HDD
- Reports can be saved in MHT format or printed
- Skins support
- Command line support
For further info see: http://hddscan.com/
Author provides qualified support at: http://en.rlab.ru/forum/
Requirements: 350 MHz CPU or higher, 128 MB RAM; Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 or Server; Writable storage device.
What's new in this version: Progress bar fix, Sil3512 controller SMART bugfix, SAS drives SMART freeze bug fix, Surface scan fix for drives bigger than 1TB. || Prolific 2571 USB chip is now supported, Some I-O DATA and Logitec USB boxes are supported, S.M.A.R.T. support for some SSD drives, Windows Vista and Windows 7 support.
Top user review