Updated30 Mar 2016
Downloads296 (1 last week)
"Access & Manage your phone from any computer"
The AirDroid Mac application is one part of the software setup needed to connect wirelessly over the internet with an Android device. The Android device must have the AirDroid Android app installed for it to allow the connection. Once the Android app has been installed, the Android device may receive connections over the net from any device using the AirDroid Web interface. Alternatively, a Mac app (this one) or a Windows app make it easier to connect (automatically, if wanted) to the Android device without the use of a USB cable anywhere.
Keep using the iMac, Macbook Air or Macbook Pro while pulling up details of the latest SMS texts received on the Android device. Read the SMS texts, reply, delete or archive them. Phone notifications can also be seen and dealt with without needing to pick up the Android device to do so. There are extensive menus within the AirDroid Mac app that let the user find the options they want without touching the Android device. Files can be transferred and information gathered from the Android device. Files can also be sent over to the Droid device from the AirDroid Mac app.
For users who already have a rooted Android device, there is the additional option to view the live Android OS GUI. Users who do not have a rooted Android phone or tablet are unable to benefit from this option.
The AirDroid Mac application installed without any issues. The software requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later. There is no surprise software installed with the application that could screw up your computer.
An AirDroid account is required to logon to the app. There is a “Sign up” grey-colored link below the green “Sign in” button.
The AirDroid Mac app presents a series of tabs with the various tasks that can be performed. These include things like dealing with phone notifications, reading SMS messages and transferring files between devices. A rooted device will be needed to make use of the AirMirror feature which can let users interact directly with the Android GUI inside the AirDroid Mac app.
- Mac AirDroid app makes it easier to wirelessly connect to Android without using the AirDroid Web interface
- Handy menus have phone notification, SMS, file transfers and other functionality built-in
- Safe encrypted wireless connection and password protection
- View the Android screen on the Mac desktop and interact with it with a rooted Android device
- Transfer files between Android and Mac (bi-directionally)
- A USB cable is no longer always required
- Requires AirDroid Android app installed on the Android device
- AirMirror to mirror the Android OS GUI on the Mac doesn't always work; compatibility is being constantly improved with this feature on the Mac.
- A rooted device is needed to use the Android GUI mirroring feature
AirDroid for Mac is a cool way to wirelessly connect between Mac and an Android device. Once the connection is made, the Mac user can see SMS messages, phone notifications and transfer files between the two devices. Rooted Android device owners can also see and interact directly with the Android GUI.
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.7 or later
What's new in this version: Desktop client released
Top user review