Updated10 May 2013
Downloads146 (2 last week)
"View large, uncensored file thumbnails/icons."
Thumbico a small, free software package that can make it easier to view icon-sized files within a convenient viewer. The app can display the graphical icon equivalent for icons stored within applications and files, plus appropriate image icons for images, videos and regular documents files.
The program allows for the quick viewing of icons that are imbedded inside programs. This is a feature which is most useful for application developers, but can also be accessed by Windows users who wish to use the icons in other ways later.
Icons and other image types can be re-sized to see how they will look in small desktop icon sizes, larger Windows taskbar size, Start Menu size and other image size options.
There is a Glass mode which can be used to help with screencasting or taking screenshots.
Portable app that runs directly from the executable file.
The Thumbico file is actually an executable file which can run directly from its location. For this reason, it can also be used as a portable application if needed.
There was no malicious additions to the setup program.
Thumbico requires Windows 7 or Vista.
The app provides an area where the user can drag and drop directly over to the Thumbico space.
There are convenient image re-sizing and editing options. These include converting graphics into grayscale, blending a different background color into the existing image, flipping the image vertically or horizontally, or rotating it.
The menu within Thumbico makes it easy to make different feature selections. Once imported and altered, the final image can be saved as a BMP, JPEG, PNG or GIF file. Alternatively, the image can be copied directly to the Windows clipboard to be pasted directly into another file.
The Naked and Naked Modes also add a more visually pleasing way to view the thumbnails and icons when using the interface.
- Drag and drop files into Thumbico interface to extract the icon from the program files, documents and other images
- Adjust the size of icons and other graphical images with simple keyboard controls
- Re-sizing allows programmers to see how their icon selection will look with shortcut icon sizes, Start Menu icon size, Taskbar size, etc.
- Convert graphics into grayscale, flip them, rotate them or blend then with a different background color
- Simple menu with copious options for use with the program
- Naked and Glass view which makes it more pleasant to view a series of icons and images
- Portable app that runs directly from the executable file without need to install it
- Free app
Thumbico is a useful little program that can successfully import, display and allow minimal editing of embedded program icons, graphics and other file types which have images contained within them. These can be re-sized, converted and saved.
Requirements: Windows 7/Vista
What's new in this version: Added command-line parameters to automatically export and save thumbnails or icons.
Top user review