"Create PDF files from any printable document."
PrimoPDF is an easy-to-use, yet a robust software that can create industry-standard PDF files. It is in fact, the world’s most popular free PDF converter as it is capable of converting almost any type of printable document in to a PDF document which is possible with a virtual printer that the software creates on the computer. Moreover, PrimoPDF also lets you amend the PDF output for Screen, eBook, Print, prepress, add document information and even upgrade the PDF security.
Installation process of PrimoPDF takes less than a minute and is pretty simple. It involves very basic steps like selecting installer language and agreeing with the terms, but the only different step is for the registration of this product where it asks to enter your Name, Company, and Email Address. This is only meant to enable you to receive product update email notifications, so you can choose to skip this step. The software is compatible with: Windows 2K / XP / Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) / 2003 / 7.
The look and feel of this software is pretty decent, intuitive, and professional.Â The top of the window displays intelligible icons which are given to gear up the usage of PDF files such as screen, eBook, Print, Prepress, and custom. Below that, options are shown to handle the output PDF like updating its information including Title, author, subject, and keywords; PDF security to apply passwords on specific actions; Post process like open PDF or Email PDF. On the right side, various links are shown for software’s user guide, tips & tricks, support forum, and online conversion tools.
- With the help of virtual printer that is introduced by PrimoPDF into your computer, you can convert any printable document to PDF document, by simply clicking on “Print” menu option and then selecting this virtual printer for printing
- There are other simple ways as well to carry out the conversion like, you can simply drag and drop the required document in to the software or you just need to right click on the document to be converted and select “Open With” option (and later save it)
- The tools of this software let you decide various specifications of output documents including information like Title, Author, Subject, and Keywords; PDF version and resolution; and what action should be taken on saving an already existing PDF
- It also allows you to secure your PDF documents (with 40-/128- bit encryption) by setting up passwords, lest anyone without proper rights is able to access the document
- The performance of this software is also exceptional and it converts documents of small or large size in just few seconds
- In order to make conversion process speedy different profiles can be chosen such as Screen (small images suitable for on screen viewing), eBook (Medium files for web and office), Print (photos retain high quality for printing), and Prepress (for largest files)
- It even lets you append new PDF documents into an existing document or you can simply make the settings to overwrite an existing PDF
PrimoPDF’s online support (Support Forum, Online Tutorial, and Tips & Tricks) could not be accessed as the links were broken, so you will have to find its User Manual via internet.
doPDF is a very good alternative and it works in a similar manner as PrimoPDF. It is quite efficient tool in converting a printable text-editing software to PDF document with the help of virtual printer. Adobe Acrobat is another reliable option which has the power to create, read and modify PDF documents. CutePDF Writer is also a fine contender in this field that automatically configures itself as a virtual printer in a computer to create PDF files.
PrimoPDF supports easy conversion to PDF files of high quality and in a very less time. It has the ability to convert text files, images, and webpages, which makes it extremely helpful for thousands of users who need their documents to be converted into secure PDF document without any complexity. This is indeed a very useful and highly recommended product.
Top user review
by melen001 on 10 May 2014