"Fast, Light, Easy and Free anti-virus program"
RoboScan Internet Security is an all-in-one utility to secure your computer from malicious online threats. It is capable of working as an anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, system protectant, and even has a personal firewall. Its Multi-Layered Detection system comprises of dual engines – Tera engine and Bitdefender engine, that make it powerful enough for rigorous detection and removal of multiple kinds of online threats. It can even catch new or unknown online threats with the help of its Proactive Detection Technology.
Installation of RoboScan IS is quick and easy. Before starting the installation, it is recommended to close other running applications, so that relevant files can be updated without having to reboot the system. Details that you need to select during the installation are – Setup destination path, Start Menu Folder (or enter a name to create a new folder), and additional icons (Desktop Icon, Quick Launch Icon, and/or Start Menu Icon). You can also choose the option to launch the application as soon as installation finishes. It is compatible with following OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 (32bit/64bit).
Graphical interface of this application is modern, pleasant, and instinctive. Using this utility is an easy task for both layman and professionals alike, thanks to its well organized layout. The main menu options are shown at the top right side of the window which on selection display their respective screens with further settings options, these options are – Security Center, Scan & Clean, Network Protection, Privacy Protection, System Protection, and System Management. A UI feature worth-mentioning is the Firewall notification which pops up every time it detects a suspicious communication attempt from any program.
- There are three different modes of scanning available in this utility, namely –Quick Scan (scans files for currently running processes and other critical system areas); Basic Scan (scans frequently infected areas and quick scan areas); and Advanced Scan (scans all the system areas, selected areas, and disk files)
- Automatic scheduled scans are also possible by setting up details such as – Scan Type, Scanning Schedule (frequency and days), and action to be taken on scan completion (Auto Clean, standby, or Auto clean and close window)
- Its Real-Time Protection technology monitors your system all the time for viruses and malware while you are using the internet, and takes the necessary actions against them in real-time
- The built-in Firewall guards your system from prying eyes as it observes your internet connection for suspicious communication attempt by any program and can even be set to forcefully scrap such unnecessary attempts
- Self-Protection is a smart feature that helps RoboScan IS to operate properly by protecting itself from malicious threats like malware and viruses
- In order to restrict other users from changing RoboScan’s configurations, you can lock this utility by assigning a password
- Windows Security Update is another useful feature which checks and updates new Windows Security updates to ensure protection of your system
- With the help of Update feature RoboScan is able to maintain the latest version of its engine, database and product which further aids in proper system protection
- You can protect your personal information by enabling some features such as Cover My Tracks (that deletes all computer, Internet logs, and temporary files at once) and Shred files (files and folders deleted by this feature cannot be restored)
Some features are not available in the free version such as My One Care, Delete temporary files, and Registry Cleanup.
There are some well-known system security softwares that can be used as replacements to Â RoboScan IS – avast! Free Antivirus, Microsoft Security Essentials, Avira Free Antivirus, AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition, and last but not the least, Comodo Internet Security.
RoboScan Internet Security is an amazing antivirus solution which is loaded with multiple useful features and is efficient in detecting and removing potential online threats. Its user-friendly look and feel, plus the fact that it runs on low system resources makes it easy and problem-free to work with this utility. Moreover, this is a free tool, so you can go ahead and try it out.
Top user review