"Create a virtual disk out of RAM."
You can use this program to create a virtual hard disk out of the RAM memory. By doing this, you can save data in the RAM memory, which usually is reset every time you restart your computer.
Here’s what you need to know about RamDisk Plus:
- Choose the size of your virtual disk, assign it a letter and the type of file system (NTFS or FAT)
- You can do all the operations associated with a normal HDD (create & delete files or folders, copy and edit files, etc)
- Share the HDD over the network with your friends, family and coworkers
- As you would expect, the RAM hard disk is much faster than the normal one (up to 50 times faster)
- You can create multiple disks (up to 99) using the Plus version (unlike RamDisk which only supports one)
- The Plus version also allows you to create an image backup file
- The HDD can have any size (as long as you have enough RAM installed), from 1MB up to 512GB
- As a downside, your system must have enough RAM to spare for a HDD and once you allocate it to the virtual drive, it won’t be available to run your programs and services
Download RamDisk if you want to create a fast, virtual drive from your RAM memory.
Updated5 Jul 2015
Downloads1,943 (1 last week)
Top user review