"A small GUI application."
RightMark CPU Clock Utility (RMClock) is a utility to monitor CPU frequency in real-time to ensure that the CPU does not overload.
Both voltage level and the CPU multiplier can be changeable over time. Monitoring these levels can ensure that the CPU does not overload. An auto management feature ensures that levels are constantly monitored rather than being only occasionally glanced at when there is a reason to do so.
CPU levels can be throttled up and down to ensure that it doesn't get over-tasked or over-used. This can prevent core overheating which could damage the processing chip irreparably. A core temperature reading is accurate for both Intel and AMD chip sets. Also, both multi-core and single core processors are supported with the RightMark CPU Clock Utility.
Battery use can also be monitored to view battery usage on the battery cell level as well as total battery capacity overall. This can help to ensure that the battery is not damaged.
The software works with AMD processors, Intel Pentium processors, and also the Intel Xeon processors used with servers.
No installation is required because the application is a portable one. It does however require administrative rights in order to load and supply information about the CPU.
There was no adware, toolbars, spyware or malware included with the setup package.
RightMark CPU Clock Utility (RMClock) requires Windows OS.
The interface for RightMark CPU Clock Utility is modern and self explanatory.
There is a section marked “Pages” on the left side with the different sections indicated. The pages shown are “About,” “Settings,” “CPU info,” “Monitoring,” “Management,” “Profiles,” “Battery info,” “Updates,” and “Professional Features.”
Each section is quite details. For instance, the CPU info section includes the CPU model, the CPU core, revision number, signature, special features, core clock speed, CPU load, Throttle, OS load, core temperature, plus some multiplier and v-core information too.
The monitoring page has two bar charts which update frequently. They show the CPU core clock and throttle, CPU load and OS load, CPU frequency, and CPU core temperature. In three of the 4 bar charts two measurements are depicted using different colors.
- Monitor CPU clock, CPU load and OS load in real-time
- View updating charts monitoring 9 values at once
- Dynamic CPU clock modulation to manage throttling levels
- Manages single and multi-core processors
- Compatible with AMD, Intel Pentium and Intel Xeon processors
- Power management settings for AMD K7, AMD K8, Intel Pentium M, Intel Centrino, Intel Pentium 4, Intel Xeon, Intel Core Solo, Intel Core Duo, Intel Centrino Duo platform, Intel Core 2, VIA C7 and Transmeta Crusoe / Efficeon CPU families
- Windows power management controls
- LCD display control for brightness
- View core temperatures on AMD and Intel chip sets
- See battery information per cell, charge rate, discharge rate, and charge level
CrystalCPUID provides detailed information about the processor, chip set, cache, and bios.
RightMark CPU Clock Utility (RMClock) is a competent real-time monitoring app for taking care of the CPU and throttling level.
Top user review