Published by UserXP on 21 Feb 2009
Updated21 Feb 2009
Downloads4,113 (2 last week)
"Logon and Boot screens manager for WinXP."LogonUI Boot RandomizerIt's a Logon and Boot screens manager for WinXP (based on an idea by M. Deepak)
Program is designed to interact as little as possible with the user. If you set randomizing to main (base) folder (see How it works), every time you download a new boot/screen folder and put it where you want, there is no need to run the program again. It will include the new screen automatically. Also, if you exclude a category (folder) from randomize (see A Note for Exclude), in order to exclude screens from randomize them, when you download a new one and put it there, there is no need to run the program and update the exclude with the new screen. Program it will excluded automatically.
Key features of LogonUI Boot Randomizer include:
- Changes the Logon and Boot screens in WinXP. Full support for SP1 and SP2 (I mean that you can use any version for boot screen and program will make it compatible with your system). LogonUIBootRandomizer DOES NOT WORK WITH SP3!
- Randomize (3 methods) the Logon and Boot screens. In order to randomize there is NO need to load the program to tray or something like that. If you set randomizing the program will run the appropriate time, randomize the logon/boot screen and then close.
- Full support for zip files. After downloading a screen (the zip file), just put it in any subfolder under the base folder. Program will handle it as a normal screen/folder.
- EXCLUDE some folders (screens) from randomize them (see A Note for Exclude).
- For boot screens, you can set or randomize them with 2 methods: 1) classic (using the exe file you download) or 2) using 3 bitmaps (existing or by extracting them from the exe file on fly and use them). All methods support all known features. Program always remember the position of progress bar.
- Support for extracting boot and/or logon screens directly from zip files. Program can automatically detect the type of screen and extract it to the right folder with out user input.
- Preview (classic or with THUMBNAILS) the Logon and Boot screens, if the new logon/boot screen comes with a .jpg or .bmp file. If not, there is a feature that you can browse and see all the bitmaps in the file. Also you can SAVE that bitmaps in jpg/gif/tiff/png/bmp format. With one click, you can save bitmap 100 (for logon screens) or bitmap 1 (for boot screens), which usually are the bitmaps with the basic picture. Also, support for MULTIPLE extract and save in jpg/gif/tiff/png/bmp format (very helpful for users that have a lot of screens with out a preview picture).
In order to load pictures faster at THUMBNAILS preview, program after detect NEW zip files, will prompt you to search the zip files for pictures. After searching, will extract the picture (if any) and save it to disk under the name "<name of zip file>.zip.jpg". The real format of the picture can be jpg/gif/tiff/png/bmp but after extraction the extension ALWAYS be .jpg
- Support CATEGORIES for the screens (picture)
- Favorites (as many as you want). You can tell the program to randomize in all of yours logon/boot screens OR in any one of the favorites you have create
- Fully resizable - the preview (classic or thumbnails) follows the size of the main screen
- Right click menus - drag and drop for favorites
- Test logon screens with one button (F4)
- Minimize to tray (if user want)
- Load at start up (if user want)
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K has downloaded and tested LogonUI Boot Randomizer on 11 Mar 2012 with some of Today's best antivirus engines and you can find below, for your convenience, the scan results: