"Shows which modules/processes have opened"
EF Process Manager is a Windows process manager which offers some of the features that the Windows Task Manager does and then goes way beyond it.
The software can show all running Windows process and the dependent modules for each process individually. Modules can be registered and unregistered. Windows processes can be shut down or forced to do so to resolve issues with how Windows is running or in an attempt to remove running malware/spyware that malware/spyware removal software cannot uninstall.
See Windows error codes, detailed information about each running Windows process and modules, and export that information directly into Excel for further examination by yourself or others.
The software permits the user to get into the nitty-gritty of how Windows is being run. Troublesome Windows processes and modules can be removed, but this is really something that only an experienced Windows admin should be doing. Users should be aware that if they manage to remove a critical process or module, they could affect the continued running of Windows during their present computing session.
The installation went smoothly with no problems. There was no malicious extras added with this software.
The package will install with any Windows version from Windows 95 upwards. There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. There is also a portable version in a ZIP file that does not need installing.
The interface is pretty simple with a main menu at the top and tiny toolbar icons below this.
The main process pane is shown below the toolbar. The Process, Process ID (PID), Modules, Priority, Size, Modified, Type, Version, and Compatibility are the columns which populate with Windows process information.
The modules associated with a given Windows process are listed in the modules pane below the process pane once a Windows process has been selected.
- See all the Windows processes that are running
- View the modules that are associated with individual running Windows processes
- Close or force-ably close a troublesome Windows process
- Register or unregister modules in order to enable a Windows process to be closed
- View Windows error codes
- Review environment variables to get a better idea what is going on with processes and modules
- Export process and module information to Excel for later review
- No a minus but be aware that only Advanced users need apply here
- Closing the wrong Windows process or module could cause Windows to crash
- It is necessary to register the software to be able to use the 30 day trial
EF Process Manager is an advanced tool for users who feel they will be okay dealing with running Windows processes and modules.
Requirements: Typical Windows Installation
What's new in this version: More improvements
Top user review