Published by Zach Scrivena on 29 Jul 2018
"Command-line Directory Synchronization Tool"Sync is a simple command-line utility for performing one-way directory or file synchronization.
It synchronizes the specified target to match the specified source. Only the target is modified.
Runs on any OS with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE 6+).
Sync is free and open source software written in Java and released under the GNU GPL license (version 3).
* FLEXIBLE FILE-MATCHING: Match files by combinations of name, size, last-modified time, and CRC-32 checksum; by default, (name,size,time,crc) are used.
* FLEXIBLE FILE TIME COMPARISON: Specify a time-tolerance (in milliseconds) when matching files by their last-modified time.
* FILENAME FILTERS: Use multiple GLOB or REGEX filters to include or exclude files based on their names or their relative pathnames.
* SIMULATION MODE: Sync can be run to simulate file operations, so that the target directory is not modified.
* UNATTENDED USAGE: With an appropriate choice of switches, Sync can be executed without user intervention.
* LOG FILE: Sync can generate log files with automatic timestamps for convenient record-keeping.
See http://syncdir.sourceforge.net/ for the latest version, screenshots, documentation, and other information.
Requirements: Java Runtime Environment (JRE 6+)
What's new in this version: improved syntax for filename filters; correct display of non-ASCII characters on console
Updated29 Jul 2018
Downloads1,283 (1 last week)
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K did not scan Sync for viruses, adware, spyware or other badware. For your own safety, we recommend that you always have an antivirus, with virus definitions up to date, installed on your computer when downloading and installing programs from the web.