"Free file splitter and joiner"
Sometimes you want to transfer a big file to a friend but you find that the services you want to use (like email or instant messenger) won’t allow you to. Most online services have strict limits regarding the size of the files you can send. The solution? It’s easy, just split the big file into smaller parts that can be easily put together later. You can do it with Split Byte.
Here are the core functions:
- As mentioned above and suggested by the product name, you can use this utility to “break” a big file into smaller pieces which you can easily transfer to a friend
- It can also join all the pieces and recreate the original file
- You can set a specific size (for instance if you can only transfer 50MB at a time, you can tell the app to split the big file into 50MB files)
- The smaller files can be protected with a password if you don’t want anyone intercepting your files and using them without your accord
- Support for drag & drop
- Multiple languages to select (38+)
- Modify or keep the timestamp of the file
- Check if the big file is identical to the original source using MD5 checksum
Download Split Byte if you need to break a big file into smaller pieces which you can join at a later time to recreate the original.
Requirements: .NET Runtime 2.0
What's new in this version: fixed bugs redesigned gui remember all selected values and options show translated control text as a tooltip if it is unreadable drag and drop for file comparison improved localization - added new languages repeat overwrite,rename,skip action for all following file conflicts.
Updated15 Apr 2021
Downloads290 (1 last week)
Top user review