"FreeBee: Increase the lifetime of your SSD!"
The bad news is SSDs have a limited lifetime. Now, the good news is you actually get to increase it if you install SSD Fresh, a program specially designed to monitor the status of your SSD and reduce the number of read/write operations.
Here’s what you need to know about this utility:
- Disable services you don’t need that use your SSDs
- View all available information on your drives (manufacturer, total disk space, available space, etc)
- Monitor the S.M.A.R.T data and you’ll know when your drive it’s about to fail, so you’ll have plenty of time to make preparations and backup your important data
- Disable the defragmentation process since it’s not really needed with SSDs and since it requires reading & writing on the drive, it actually reduces its life span
- No more timestamps; Windows marks each file with a timestamp that includes the access time. While this feature may be useful, in the case of SSDs is harmful since it requires write operations
- Disable automatic errors & event logging
Download SSD Fresh if you want your SSD to last longer.
Requirements: .NET Framework 4.0
What's new in this version: New in version 2015: Support for Windows 10 plus option to read the Read the AHCI setting.
Updated12 Feb 2018
Downloads3,305 (16 last week)
Top user review