Published by H.D.S. Hungary on 6 Mar 2012
"Hard disk health and temperature information"By using the Linux console edition of Hard Disk Sentinel, it is possible to examine the temperature and health information (and more) of IDE, S-ATA (SATA II also), SCSI and USB hard disks connected to motherboard or external controller cards. The user must be root to use this software or start it with sudo.
List of features:
- display hard disk / solid state disk information on the terminal
- create comprehensive report about the disk system, including both hard disk and SSD specific features (for example, media rotation rate, TRIM command, etc.)
- display and manage acoustic setting of hard disks (on supported USB disks also)
- offers outputs for both users and scripts/other applications to process
The following information are displayed:
- detected hard disk number and device name (for example /dev/sda)
- size, model ID, serial number, revision and interface of all detected hard disks
- temperature, health and performance values
- power on time (days, hour, minutes - if supported)
Requirements: Hard disk (IDE/EIDE/Serial ATA/SCSI/SAS/USB)
What's new in this version: Improved hard disks / SSD support, improved USB compatibility, 64 bit version available.
Updated6 Mar 2012
Downloads69 (1 last week)
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K has downloaded and tested Hard Disk Sentinel Linux on 31 May 2012 with some of Today's best antivirus engines and you can find below, for your convenience, the scan results: