"Control hard disk temperature in real-time"
Out of the many possibilities, overheating is probably the most common reason for hard-drives failure, which also risks data loss. You need not worry about this problem as long as you have S.M.A.R.T. technology (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) based HDD Temperature Pro software installed in your system, which protects your hard-drives from getting overheated. It checks and monitors the temperatures of hard drives and sends warning messages in real time about the disk getting overheated or being too cold. The software sends email alerts in case of moderate heating and can even automatically force overheated systems to shut down, thus preventing both hard drive failure and associated data loss.
HDD Temperature’s installation requires little time and just few clicks. It involves very basic steps like selecting location of the application and in the final step, shows the option to launch the software as soon as installation is completed. It is compatible with Windows Vista/XP/Window 7/ Windows 8(32-bit and 64-bit).
The user interface is very instinctual, the details shown in main window and the settings window, both are rather crystal clear. The main window shows the temperature related details of all the drives on system and has a button at bottom right side from where the window can be expanded to see the hard drive current statistics. The menu option lets you set the alarming, critical, and low temperature rates for each drive and the action you want the tool to take like sending email alerts or turning-off the system using power-off, hibernate or standby options.
- You can set various temperature levels at which you want the software to take action
- You can set time intervals for automatic checking of hard drive’s temperature
- A very favorable feature is that it can send Email alerts as warning whenever critical temperatures is reached, as it provides options for Email accounts, SMTP servers and authentication method like AUTH PLAIN, AUTH LOGIN, and more
- In case of overheating it forces the system to shut down with provided actions including hibernate, power off, and standby, preventing the risk of hard drive damage and associated data as well
- The software protects not only against high temperature but also monitors cold temperature of the drive, as newer drives are more vulnerable to damage if working temperature is too low
- HDD Temperature Pro is specially designed to work in environments with multiple computers like in small and large companies, so it can monitor multiple hard drives simultaneously and send warning messages to a specified email address or a particular computer in the network
- In spite of the fact that it has to run all the time on all workstations, the software runs on low resources without slowing down the system
- It supports all types of hard drives, including Serial ATA, IDE, SCSI, and even USB
No cons were found for this software.
Some potential alternate options of HDD Temperature Pro, which help to maintain good health of your hard drive are: Acronis Disk Director Suite ( a partition management software which recovers accidentally deleted disk partitions combined with a suite of disk management tools); CheckDrive (a freeware and a solid diagnostic tool to figure out reason for a hard drive crash); Hard Drive Test Pilot (equipped with tools and utilities to find and fix the problems causing disk or Operating System failure); Disk Checker (a full-featured disk diagnostics and repairs tool with backup ability).
HDD Temperature is packed with some incredible features and is suitable enough for beginners or even for more advanced users. Besides its satisfying performance, it also gives report of hard drives and details like manufacturer of the drive, exact model number, and the number of hours it has been used. This tool definitely deserves a thumbs-up!
Requirements: standard PC
What's new in this version: User interface language change don't work. Fixed.
Top user review