"Alternative to standard windows file manager."
FreeCommander XE is the latest development from independent developer, Marek Jasinski. Following the continued success of FreeCommander, the previous freeware version of this alternative file manager, the developer decide to up the ante with a completely new application. One of the most significant improvements is twin window panes that can have tabs on each side. For people with multiple client folders, it's now possible to have tabs open for each client. These tabs can be locked so that they stay in place at the next use of the FreeCommander XE app. Create and check MD5 checksums, perform multiple file renames and save customized settings. Extremely lightweight and fast file manager replacement with a ton of features. Still in beta, but stable.
FreeCommander XE Key Features:
- Dual-panes either horizontally or vertically
- Tabbed folders which can be fixed & saved
- Traditional tree view per pane
- Navigate and access files directly inside ZIPs, RARs and CABs
- FTP client
- Rename multiple files at once
- Create and verify MD5 error checksums
- Secure file wipes
- Multiple language support
Updated18 Dec 2020
Downloads457 (1 last week)
Top user review