"File manager software"
If you miss the DOS age or if you just navigate easier and faster through your computer using the keyboard rather than the mouse, you should try Far Manager. The program looks a lot like Norton Commander (or Midnight Commander if you’re a Linux fan). It’s very easy to use, especially if you have any experience with DOS.
Here’s what goodies are under the hood of Far Manager:
- You can easily browse through your files, edit options, advanced search, compare tools for files and folders, highlight colors, video mode
- It offers mouse support, so if you get tired of using your keyboard, a few mouse clicks will do it
- You can set shortcuts for any action you make
- It has support for long file names, something that its competitors don’t offer
- Support for Copy and Paste clipboard operations
- Copying files and folder can be as easy as drag and drop
- The real power of Far Manager is that is Open Source and anyone can add useful plugins, so on top of the features mentioned above, with plugins you can transform the software into a FTP client or have easy access to your local network, archive files, print the files you want. More plugins are developed every day and the list of things Far Manager can handle grows every single day
Download Far Manager 3.0 today, it’s probably one of the best file managers available online for free.
Updated17 Nov 2020
Downloads2,769 (1 last week)
Top user review