"Checksum generator and verification utility"
If you need to verify the integrity of the files after a transfer or in case they could have been modified by an external program, you should use EF CheckSum Manager. It works with all major standards: MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SFV and SHA512. You can also use this utility to generate hash codes, not only to verify the checksums.
Here are the key features:
- Use this app to verify the data hasn't been corrupted by any external factor, like writing it on a flawed CD/DVD or USB stick
- All you have to do to verify that your data in unaltered is create a checksum before you burn the CD (or do any other operation that might affect the data) and use it to check against the final result; you can even burn the checksum file on CD too, if you want to check the integrity at a later time
- Checksum files require minimal disk space (kilobytes)
- You can use checksums when you send important documents over the web or via email to make sure all the files have been received correctly at the other end
- Many programs already have a checksum file that you can check to make sure the programs you received have been in no way altered by someone who may pack them with malware or damaged in the data transmission
- It’s translated in several languages: English, Romanian, Korean, Hebrew, Japanese, Russian, Italian, etc
Download EF CheckSum Manager if you need to see if the files and folders you burned on a CD/DVD or downloaded online match the originals.
Requirements: Typical Windows Installation
What's new in this version: More improvements
Top user review