"File and Disk Manager"
Do you need to automate your disk management? Do you want a program capable of detecting and deleting duplicate files, synchronizing files and folders, easy migration, disk usage stats, monitor changes, organize the files by a set of rules? DiskBoss Ultimate can do all that for you and more…
Here’s a short list of features:
- Shows you which folders use the highest percentage of disk space; you can then easily sort them by space used, when was it accessed last, the user who created the folder
- DiskBoss can organize your hard disk by file types; for instance you’ll be able to see all your music in one folder, the videos in another, Windows files, backups and archives, documents & books, etc
- Finds if you have more than one copy of a file on your hard disk and offers the possibility to remove these duplicates
- If you make frequent backups and mirror your data, this program can do it for you utilizing built-in synchronization functions. It can sync folders on the local drive, network shares or other storage devices
- Monitors changes made on your disks in real time. You can choose to receive detailed reports or trigger actions automatically when a specific change is made
- Advanced copy functions that will allow you to transfer files fast while also preserving ownership, file attributes and security details
- Delete a large number of files when the rules you have set are met; for instance you can periodically delete old backup files
- You can define your own rules for organizing and taking actions on specific files – for example, you can make a rule that all the documents DiskBoss finds should be moved to C:\Documents\
- Advanced file search (you can search for images that were created sometime around march and are bigger than 10Mb)
- For the advanced users who want to use it in batch mode (and still remember what DOS looks like) there is a command line utility
Download DiskBoss if you want automated solutions to managing your hard drives.
Top user review