"Outstanding boot and partition manager."
BootIt Bare Metal is a system utility that can be used for managing the boot up of a computer system to run a dual boot operation. The software can also help to create ISO disc images, which can include new operating systems, to install alternative operating systems. There is also a partition manager present which can create new disk partitions to help install operating systems to them.
The MakeDisk application needs to be run in order to create a bootable ISO disc image. The software will then need to be run from the bootable disc image when rebooting the PC. Then there will be the option to install BootIt Bare Metal to the computer's hard drive.
It is recommended in the user manual that a recovery disc be created before proceeding with the installation. Instructions are provided for Windows 7 and earlier versions of Microsoft Windows.
It is also suggested that the boot manager should be installed on a separate disc partition to other operating systems or disc storage systems.
There was no adware, malware, or spyware installed with the software.
BootIt Bare Metal requires Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, RT or Windows Server (32-bit or 64-bit).
Once fully configured, the Boot Menu is pretty simple.
The different installed operating systems are shown in a list with their respective operating system logo displayed to the left of the OS name.
There are buttons for “Boot,” “Maintenance,” and “Direct Boot.”
The Partition Manager is also nicely laid out and will be easy to use for anyone who has used a commercial partitioning package before.
- Provides a boot menu
- Install numerous other operating systems
- Compatible with x64 (AMD64/EM64T) and Windows 64-bit operating systems
- Tested with Windows 10
- Capable of booting one of several operating systems from one partition
- Add user IDs and password protection to booting process
- Auto-detects new operating systems when loading the Boot Menu
- Partition manager which can help create, edit, re-size, copy, move or delete partitions
- Create new ISO disc images to help install new operating systems or system utility tools
- 30 day trial
- A bit daunting to install any boot manager which could potentially prevent Windows from booting up post-installation
EasyBCD is a multi-boot manager which is based within Windows and can help tweak Windows boot-up too.
BootIt Bare Metal is a multi-boot manager, a partition manager and a disc image creator in one. A good option for a multi-operating system user.
Requirements: 16MB RAM, Hard Drive, SVGA.
What's new in this version: Product Enhancements.
Top user review