Published by Arpoon - LoÃ¯s BÃ©guÃ© on 23 Dec 2011
DeveloperArpoon - LoÃ¯s BÃ©guÃ©
Updated23 Dec 2011
Downloads520 (1 last week)
"Checksum compute different file checksums"Arpoon Checksum computes checksums of files. A checksum (message digest, hash value) is a kind of fingerprint that enables to uniquely identify a file or document. This can be used for authentication purposes or to track document modifications.
By way of example, this tool can be utilized to:
* uniquely identify a given file, thus using the checksum as a fingerprint.
* survey a file i.e. to check if a file as been modified by comparing its actual checksum with a previously archived value.
* look for possible duplicate of files by scanning hardware storage devices (hard disk, DVD, CD, memory sticks...)
* verify the authenticity i.e. genuineness of a fingerprinted document that has been sent to you (e.g. as an EMail attachment or by way of a download) by comparing its on-the-fly computed checksum with its stored fingerprint.
* Drag&Drop of files or directories
* Recursive calculation for directories strucutres (optional)
* Result list can be sorted (ascending/descending) by every single checksum type
* Link to files can be resolved (optional)
* Hash values can be displayed as hexadecimal or as a MIME-compatible base64 code
* Display of detailled file properties like attributes, size, date of creation...
* Result list may be exported to the clipboard or saved as CSV or HTML files
* During long run calculation, the computing progression is displayed
* Statistics on computation (average speed rate, file size ...) are automatically collected
* A warning message may be displayed before a time consuming computation is started
* Multiple files computation may be aborted during the calculation
* Checksum calculation for a very big files may be aborted too
* All options are maintened in an Ini-file, which is automatically saved in the current user's application data directory, allowing a per user configuration
What's new in this version: new export function, bugfixes, extended functionality
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K has downloaded and tested Arpoon Checksum on 30 Mar 2012 with some of Today's best antivirus engines and you can find below, for your convenience, the scan results: