"Server backup software for Windows systems."
NovaBACKUP Server is the file server backup software version that supports a single Windows Server installation (the developer also has several other versions of the software that support backups of SQL Server, Exchange Servers, VMs and, more). The setup wizard takes the user step-by-step through the installation options. Backup critical business files, shared media, documents, and system information. Use network-ready storage like NAS, or USB flash drives, Blu-ray discs and other choices. The cloud is also available with integration for backups to OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, iDriveSync or SafeSync. Save incremental backups rather than having to perform a complete backup each time.
The installation starts off with advising that a backup client is needed to be installed first. This screen of the installer also confirms what operating system is being used. Once the necessary components have been installed, the installation begins proper. Confirming the licensing agreement, the user is then presented with a choice of a typical or custom install procedure. With the custom installation, the user picks exactly which components are installed with this server version of the NovaBACKUP software like Anti-virus, Disaster Recovery, Devices, Plugs, and Agents Service.
With all features pre-selected, the application requires 322 MB of free space to install. Only 132 MB of is required when installing the base program but none of the five extra components mentioned in the previous paragraph.
The license can be activated if a key is known, otherwise the evaluation trial period is used to proceed. A name, company name and email address are required here.
The rotating LED indicator moves back and forth to indicate activity while the installation progress is proceeding. No malicious content was included with the install process.
The initial window opens to advise the user that they have only 15 days to use the software.
The main interface has a simple menu system, a list of recent jobs, next scheduled backup jobs, settings, and then the links to each type of backup service available like wizard-led backup procedures or cloud backup.
Simple and uncomplicated interface.
- Backup a single Windows Server OS using this uncomplicated backup software
- Server back is supported on Windows Server 2012 R2, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2003. The software actually also works with Windows 8.1, 8, 7 and XP
- Backup to Single Tape Drives, NAS, External Hard Drives, USB Media, Network Storage, CD, DVD and Blu-Ray, FTP, RDX,
- USB flash drives, LTO, and cloud backup via 2 GB free account
- Secure backup in the cloud using OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, iDriveSync or SafeSync
- Backup using incremental, differential or full methods.
- Use copy or file images for backup and disaster recovery
- Make an appointment for a custom installation and backup configuration
- NovaCare premium available for support via telephone and email
15 day trial, not 30 days.
NovaBACKUP Server is a solid choice for business consumers that need to backup a single Windows Server or Windows OS but do not need to also backup an Exchange mail server, SQL Server or other Microsoft server-related product.
Requirements: Pentium 4 or better, 1 GB of RAM minimum, 3 GB HDD on OS drive
What's new in this version: Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reports One-Step Email Notifications Patented File Restoration Technology Optimized for Fast NAS Device Setup Streamlined for Efficiency Backup to File Sharing Sites 100% HIPAA Compliant Advanced Backup Scheduling Includes Setup Assistance
Top user review