"FBackup makes copies of your important data."
FBackup is a free backup and restore solution for Win OS designed to protect your valuable data from loss. It automates backups and protects your files and folders with passwords and encrypted compression. Moreover, FBackup is incredibly easy and obviously was created with novice users in mind. With FBackup, you can create backups to local, external or network drives.
Needless to say how important backups are especially backups that allow saving your program data. This is a rather simplistic backup solution, and it may lack some advanced features, but considering it is free and very easy to use, we definitely recommend FBackup as an emergency backup that does what it was built for. In addition, it offers quite rich plethora of features as for a free program. It may not be the best solution for a full system backup, but it is a powerful solution for data backup.
FBackup installs and uninstall politely; it does not bring unwanted toolbars and bundled software. FBackup is compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and 2008/2003/2000 Server. It is a Windows only program, which means it does not support other platforms so far.
Handsome and extremely user-friendly GUI is probably one of the best parts in FBackup. It offers a comprehensive wizard which guides users through backup creation process step-by-step. You can select which files and folders to backup, where to backup and how often. Once the backup task has been created, you can choose to run it manually, or schedule it for automatic launch.
- FBackup was created with inexperienced users in mind. Its straightforward, modern and intuitive wizard-driven interface makes creating backup tasks a simple and quick job.
- FBackup can backup your data locally, to external or network drive.
- The possibility if scheduling your backups allows some peace of mind and does not require much of user interference.
- The most outstanding feature of FBackup is undoubtedly its plugins which allow flawless backup of your program data: Chrome and Mozilla, or IE browser extensions, bookmarks, and other customization tweaks you might have applied to your browsers, email clients, such as Outlook and Thunderbird and more.
- You can backup the entire APPDATA folder containing customization data for all of your programs. FBackup has plugins for backing up data for iTunes, Pidgin, Photoshop, RoboForm, Picasa, to name a few.
- FBackup can compress and encrypt the backup files, even though advanced features are available in the Backup4All paid version. In addition, it can backup both open and locked files, as well as perform full and mirror backups.
- FBackup allows users setup the pre-defined scheduled backups of particular folders, such as Outlook or My Pictures. FBAckup supports ZIP64 creating standard zip files that can be open with any zip compatible tool. You can also set password for your backups.
- No Incremental Backups
- No AES encryption
- No Email notifications
- No Backup to FTP/SFTP
EaseUS Todo Backup, Backup4All, cCloud with Comodo Backup bundle.
FBackup is a free, easy-to-use and feature-rich backup software offering a convenient way of creating, scheduling and protecting your backups. It can create backups for separate files; folders encrypting and compressing them. It offers backup to several locations, such as local, network and external drives. Its flexible plugins allow creating backups for your program data which saves a lot of time and headaches when reinstalling your software. All things considered; it is a free, simple and convenient solution for personal use. By all means, we recommend this utility for its simplicity, accessibility and functionality.
Requirements: No special requirements
What's new in this version: Full compatibility with Windows 11
Top user review