"File recovery software"
DMDE is a file recovery tool with a wealth of cool features.
The software will perform file and folder recoveries across various FAT, exFAT and Ext file structures. Files and folders can be reconstituted using internal algorithms to do so.
Previously deleted partitions can also be recovered. A partition manager ensures that this is done correctly and the user can create their own new partition as well without needing other software to do so.
To protect from future data loss, a disk imaging feature is included to create accurate data backups.
Portable app that doesn't need installation.
There is no installation as such, just a couple of choices needed to be made by the user and then the program opens right up.
There was no adware, toolbars, spyware or malware included with the setup package.
DMDE requires Windows Windows 98, ME, 2K, XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1. It can also use DOS or Linux too.
The software provides a compact interface which offers quick access to the main features without wasting any time.
The user can initially select whether they wish to access a physical disk, a logical disk or logical volume, or a disk image. Then they must select which one to access first.
Physical disks and their partitions can be shown in a list. This details the physical disks, partitions, drive letters, system type, first and last sectors, and more.
The interface is well organized to make it easier to understand the existing physical disk and partition structure. The partition manager fits into this logical organization, as does the RAID constructor and other more advanced disk tools.
A complex tool, with an busy interface to match, but best attempt has been made to ensure it is not more complex than needed.
- Search data to locate files to recover
- Access NFTS, FAT 12/16/32, exFAT, and Linux file types Ext2/3/4
- Access via a GUI or console
- Undelete a partition
- Work with partitions to create, modify, rename, re-size, etc.
- Partition manager included to help with reconstituting deleted partitions
- RAID constructor to configure disks for mirroring, etc.
- Supports RAID-0, RAID-1, RAID-4, RAID-5, and RAID-6 configurations
- Create disk images and hard disk clones for backups
- Reconstitute directories that have been deleted
- Too complex for the average user to get a handle on
Recuva is a recommended file recovery tool to get back what once was lost.
DMDE is an incredibly useful file and folder recovery tool which offers a wealth of related features to help in the process, plus disk imaging to protect again structure data loss too.
Top user review