"Complete backup software for Windows PC."
AOMEI Backupper Professional is a more advanced version of the Backupper software which targets corporations more than it does individuals with its support for Shared Network Folder and Network-Attached Storage (NAS). The software is pretty complete with support for command line access, schedules backups to many different types of media, operating system migration features, and partition/disk cloning options.
The disk or partition cloning incorporates master boot record and GPT/UEFI feature support to ensure that the system will continue to boot later on with the latest PC systems. Certain partition types can even be re-sized during the cloning process to make things easier and avoid the need to load up a separate partition manager to accomplish this task.
Backups can be run on a schedule using a simple one-click system. Incremental and differential backups can be run instead of running a full backup each time which can save processing time and storage requirements. Older backups can automatically be discarded to prevent them taking up excess space on the storage devices. Backups can be sent to SCSI, SATA or IDE hard drives, USB flash drives, USB hard drives or a range of DVD / CD media that is writable or re-writable.
The software requires a chunky 179.9 MB of available disk space to install it.
There was no adware, toolbars, spyware or malware included with this release.
AOMEI Backupper Professional requires Windows 10 Technical Preview, Windows 8.1 and 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit supported).
The interface is nicely done with a dark blue border or background and a colorful foreground. There is a left tabbed interface with five options for Home, Backup, Restore, Clone and Utilities.
There are also some program options in the top left corner for Reload, Settings and Help.
- Perform backups on a regular basis
- Incremental, differential or full backups can be run
- Automatically discard older backups after a given period of time
- Access Master Boot Record, GUID Partition Table (GPT) Disk and UEFI boot
- Can be used with NTFS, FAT32, FAT16, EXT2, EXT3 and other file types such as RAW partitions
- Access SCSI, IDE and SATA Hard Drives and SSDs
Supports external drives using USB 1.1 to 3.0 and Firewire
- Can backup to network storage options (NAS)
- External Hard Drives - USB 1.1 / 2.0 / 3.0 and IEEE1394 (FireWire) supported
- Network-Attached Storage (NAS) supported
- Can backup to CDs / DVDs, USB flash drives and thumb drives
- Access RAID arrays for backups
- Works with Virtual box, Hyper-V and VMware virtual disk
AOMEI Backupper Professional is an ideal backup solution for corporations and individuals who want access to a full range of backup solutions. Simple interface. It is hard to fault the software.
Requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP (all editions, 32-bit & 64-bit)
What's new in this version: 1. Fixed issue: the computer won't go to Sleep Mode any more after performing backup operation. 2. Fixed issue: in some cases, the program crashes when backing up files with long path names. 3. Fixed issue: in some cases, the program cannot list files after adding a NAS. 4. More...
Top user review
by jkhbrev on 24 Jul 2015