"A free open source password manager."
Do you have too many passwords and usernames to remember? Don’t worry, KeePass Password Safe can manage all your passwords and protect them at the same time. The tool requires you to set a master password that you can remember, this password will be used to access the software and protect all your other credentials. Other people may have access to your computer, but without this master password, they will never get get a hold of your accounts.
Here’s why you should install KeePass and forget about the hundreds of passwords that you need to remember:
- You can easily organize your passwords in the database using tags that you can search for later or different colors
- Each entry will have an username, password and the URL where it’s applicable. If you so desire, you can add custom fields like “bank account” or “first shipping address”
- You can also attach files that you deem necessary to each entry
- Login automatically to websites by using the “Auto Type” feature
- The passwords can be added to groups for easy access (for instance you can have a group for all the email passwords and accounts)
- Drag and drop for fast access
- Export the results into other formats that you want to use
- Use the clipboard to paste the credentials
You don’t need the memory of an elephant to access all your favorite sites, just use KeePass from now on.
Updated4 Apr 2015
Downloads199 (1 last week)
Top user review