"Recover Internet Explorer Passwords"
IE PassView is a security tool to access username and password combinations for web sites where they have been forgotten.
The software can pull in the information stored for use with Internet Explorer via passwords entered, auto-complete and other records to provide a single interface with all located log in information.
Perform searches through the information found by re-sorting it. Delete records that are no longer needed. Even export a list of the usernames and passwords found to a plain text, CSV, XML or HTML file.
The software is a portable app and does not need to be installed.
There was no adware, toolbars, malware or spyware included in the file archive.
IE PassView requires Windows Vista, XP and 2003.
The interface is pretty simple with a top-level menu system with options for File, Edit, View, and Help. Below the menu is a mini toolbar system with just six toolbar buttons providing access to the most used features of this application.
The main viewer displays a single row at a time with information about a password found inside the Internet Explorer records. Columns of information are displayed. A few of the columns include sections for Entry Name, Type (Auto-complete, typed in, etc.), Stored in (location), user name, and password.
The user interface is basic and does not need instructions to figure out what everything does so it easy for all levels of users to try it out.
- Access user name and password combinations from previous use of Internet Explorer
- See how the password was originally entered (auto-complete, password protection, etc.)
- View the IP address or web site that the password was used when entering the username and password
- Sort through information found to quickly find what is needed
- Delete username and password combinations that are no longer needed skipping accessing IE to do so
- Export the list of located usernames and passwords to a plain text, CSV, XML or HTML file
- Can reveal access information to web sites used by other members of the same household or other employees which can create potential privacy concerns
IE Password Decryptor is an alternative software password recovery package. There are very few packages available that offer to decrypt and access forgotten Internet Explorer username and passwords combinations.
IE PassView is a useful tool that remember usernames or passwords that were once entered into Internet Explorer and since forgotten.
Top user review