"Powerful USB Copy Protection for your files."
USB Copy Protection is a USB security and copy protection system to increase the level of data security with files that are needed for portable access.
Copy protection is available for a list of different file types. This can prevent files being copied from the USB flash drive. Copy protection also extends to the moving, modification, deletion, saving as a different file name or to a different location and the printing of documents too.
Executable programs, PNG, GIF, JPG and BMP image files can be protected. Audio files like MP3 and WAV files will be locked down. Video files such as WMV, MP4, RM and MOV will be protected as well. Computer aided design files like CAD and DWG formats will be prevented from copying and Office document types like DOC, DOCX, XLS, PPT, and other relevant formats can be locked too.
Time limits can be set for when access to certain content is acceptable and when it is not allowed.
Files are locked using 256-bit AES encryption for safety.
The USB Copy Protection package is completely portable and can be carried on a USB flash drive or USB hard drive. It will run on NTFS and FAT formatted partitions and on a variety of Windows systems from 2000 to the latest versions.
The installation for USB Copy Protection proceeds without any issues. There was no additional software that was offered or added during the setup process.
The interface is basic with a minimal menu system, some toolbar buttons for key actions and the main tabs below for Select Drives, Permission Settings, Options, and Encrypt Now.
Nice buttons and shading have been used to give the interface a little more jazz.
- Copy protection to lock files down
- Prevent copying, moving, renaming, saving files as a new file name, deleting or printing the file out, i.e. a document
- Lock down specific formats including PNG, GIF, JPG and BMP image files, MP3 and WAV audio files, WMV, MP4, RM and MOV video files, CAD and DWG CAD files, plus many Office document types like DOC, DOCX, XLX and PPT.
- Set time limits for when file access is acceptable and for how long
- 256-bit AES encryption used on file data
- Works with NTFS and FAT formatted partitions
- Works with a variety of Windows OS
The trial version only lasts for 5 days.
Kakasoft USB Copy Protection is an excellent USB protection package which offers 256-bit AES encryption and extensive file controls to prevent access, copying or printing of key intellectual property.
Requirements: OS: 2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8 64bit&32bit Minimum Hardware Requirements: Intel or AMD CPU
What's new in this version: fixed PDF opening bug on win8
Top user review