"Password recovery tool."
Cain & Abel is a password rescue utility that can help anyone by discovering passwords for Microsoft Windows users. By using dictionary lists as a basis for cracking passwords, brute-force attacks by trying different passwords many times every second and decoding information stored on the hard drives, the package attempts to determine the correct password. The software also removes the hidden passwords by showing passwords in certain software packages. Learn wireless network keys for forgotten Wi-Fi login information. The software has some security benefits too by indicating where passwords are insecure in an active system.
Cain & Abel Key Features:
- Locate Wi-Fi password information
- Discover likely passwords for Windows operating system
- Dictionary-based words, brute-force password checking and other methods are used
- Reveal hidden password fields
- Sniff out data stored on drives to discover where passwords may be located
- Can be used for security to verify what can be easily discovered on your own system(s)
Cain & Abel is a security product aimed at gaining access to Windows systems, Wi-Fi connections and testing security.
Updated7 Apr 2014
Downloads27,016 (93 last week)
Top user review