"Fast image, archived image viewing software"
HoneyView Image Viewer is a very reliable image viewer with which you will never face any compatibility issues while viewing your pictures as it supports various types of formats, including JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, and PSD. With this tool, you can even view your images directly from compressed files such as RAR, ZIP, ALZ, EGG, and 7z files, without doing their extraction. This tool lets you see slideshows of the images, view the images in different modes (like fit in window or original size), add selected images as bookmarks, copy images to clipboard, edit images (rotate or resize), and even set them as desktop background.
Installing HoneyView Image Viewer is a child’s play and involves only two steps. The first step confirms the installation language you want and the second step confirms the setup destination location and the following settings (shown as checkboxes)- Create Program group, Create shortcut on Desktop, Create Shortcut on Quick Launch, and Associate image file extensions, just select the ones you want. It is compatible with following operating systems: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Interface of this image viewer is extremely user-friendly, modern, and intuitive. Its design has been kept so simple that even layman users who have no experience using this kind of tool before, will be able to figure out its working very easily. The carbon colored window displays the menus for main functions on the upper right-side, which are – View, Slideshow, Bookmark, Edit, Copy to, and Lock. Additional options for each function (except ‘Lock’) can be opened by clicking the arrow button. The selected image can be viewed in the main area of the window, above which translucent controls are given to load an image, select an image, zoom in/out, rotate image, and to view previous or next images. A button named ‘EXIF’ is displayed on the upper left corner of the window to show basic details of an image.
- No matter what is the format of your image, this tool can handle it since it supports a vast range of image formats, including but not limited to, JPG, PNG, GIF/Animation GIF, TIFF, BMP, Adobe Digital Negative (DNG), and more
- It even supports direct view of images from compressed files without having to extract the images first; the compressed files it supports for direct view are ZIP, RAR, EGG, ALZ, LZH, HV3, CAB, and ISO
- The uploaded images can be easily adjusted in its window as you have the option to view it in original size, parallel to the screen, or fitted to the entire screen
- You can start a slideshow for all the currently selected images at a certain interval (ranging between 1 to 90 seconds) and even add effects like flip, fade, and slide
- From the ‘EXIF’ button, you can view basic information of an image such as File name, Image Size, Date Modified, Image Info, and Shooting Date/Time
- GPS information is included in many smartphones photos (taken by Galaxys or iPhones); if such an image (having GPS information) is viewed in this tool, then you can view its location on Google Maps
- In order to see your most-frequently viewed images quickly, you can add them as bookmarks
- The ‘Copy to’ function lets you copy or move the currently displayed image to either Photo Folder 1 or Photo Folder 2 (more folders can be configured)
- Selecting images with this tool is very convenient as it provides support for shortkeys as well, for example, ‘F’ key is used to open a folder, ‘TAB’ key to switch EXIF View, ‘Ctrl + Alt + W’ to set image as background and so on
No negatives here.
XnView is a versatile tool for viewing images as it supports 500 types of graphic files and can convert any of these into 50 formats, plus it can carry out image processing such as crop, rotate, resize, adjust color, and apply filters. FastStone Image Viewer is a fast and user-friendly image browser that includes many features such as image viewing, management, red-eye removal, e-mailing, resizing, cropping, and color adjustments.
All in all, this software is a comprehensive solution for viewing images without having to worry about the format of the image (since it supports most of the formats). Its accessible and pleasant interface is another add-on that makes it a very likeable image viewer. The best part about this tool is that it is completely free of cost.
Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 (Support for 32-bit and 64-bit)
What's new in this version: 1. Added hotkeys for image rotation (Ctrl+R, Ctrl+L) in Preview. 2. Improved security of Honeyview Updater. 3. Improved support for high resolution DPI. 4. Bug fixed - 16 color PCX files were displayed incorrectly.
Top user review