"Photo editor software."
Autodesk Pixlr is an exceptional image editor that enables you to quickly and easily stylize your photos by applying various effects, filters, overlays, and stickers. With this usable application, you can enhance your photos by performing operations on them such as crop, straighten, resize, autofix, red-eye reduction, splash, and more. On top of that, it can be used online as well as offline; for online use you can visit its website (pixlr.com) and directly launch any of the three applications: Pixlr Editor, Pixlr Express or PixlrÂ O-matic; for offline use, simply install it in your iOS or Android mobile phones, Windows or Mac desktops, or add as an add-on in Google Chrome.
Since this application is multilingual, so in the first phase it installs localization files for different languages and then in the second phase installs the setup. There is nothing much to choose during this process except confirming the setup’s installation location. Following operating systems are compatible with this application: Â Windows 7/8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Interface of Pixlr is decent, modern, and intuitive; moreover, the layout is very well-organized that makes its usage an effortless task for both novice and expert users alike. The main menu options are displayed in the menu bar at the top from where all of its functions can be controlled such as Fast (to crop, straighten, resize) and Refine (to Color, contrast, blur). The main tools can be accessed from the toolbar shown in the left panel including fast, refine, effect, and so on. Each of these tools have extended subset of tools, for instance, ‘Fast’ has following tools: color, contrast, blur, sharpen, and more. A large area of the window is given for the platform to edit the image and below that another set of tools is given to perform actions like: zoom in/out, view metadata, and share via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- The ‘Fast’ tool tile is capable of performing numerous tasks to create the images in exactly the way you want; you can crop the image, bend it at a desired angle (with Straighten tool), resize it, reduce red-eye effect, and heal it by increasing/decreasing brightness
- Improve the quality of your image by using ‘Refine’ tool with which you can make adjustments like color, contrast, blur, sharpen, and smooth
- There is a wide range of effects available that are so unbelievably amazing that you will be left in a dilemma about which one to apply in your image. Main types of effects are creative, default, subtle, too_old, unicolor, and vintage; each of these further have an extended list of effects
- Now create the kind of images you see in online ads and websites where an effect or image overlaps the main image; you can do so with ‘Overlay’ tool which lets you apply effects (like canvas, fireworks, flame, and more) over your own image
- Stylize your photos with the help of ‘Border’ tool from where you can add numerous types of borders to your images including film, grunge, ink, nature, ripped paper, and white-ripped
- Accessorize your images or make them comic-type images and have fun sharing them with your family and friends, as ‘Stickers’ tool presents some cute and witty stickers that you can easily add to your images
- Express your feelings or ideas in your images by adding text to them; with ‘Type’ tool, you can add text to the images and even select the font type, size and its opacity
- With ‘Stylize’ tool you can transform your photos into different modes such as pencil, sketch, silk, halftone, watercolor, and so on
- Pro membership (Paid) is required to access all of its features and tools
GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a powerful piece of software meant for tasks such as photo retouching, image composition, online batch-processing, and image authoring. Adobe Photoshop is a favorable alternative and a market leader in its genre which is capable of numerous powerful image editing operations such as creating 3D designs, black-and-whites, and panoramas; adjusting color levels; artistic filters; and image retouching.
In summation, Autodesk Pixlr is a smart application that offers plenty of interesting features and tools. Above all, its user-friendly interface is ideal for making quick and easy enhancements to your images without the need to struggle with more complex image-editing software. Even without the registered version Pixlr has plenty to offer, so use of this application is recommended to everyone.
Top user review