"A library for encoding H264/AVC video streams"
This video codec is a free software that allows you to encode and compress your video stream in the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC format. If you intend to use it, you’ll be able to compress your videos at maximum levels and still keep the high resolution intact. In fact, it’s so powerful that you can even encode 4 or more 1080p video streams at the same time on basic computer.
Here’s why you should use it:
- It’s the best solution to handle H264 and ACVC streams
- You can use via command-line, very useful for batch processing
- You’ll have different profiles to choose from: main, extended, baseline, high
- Adjust the settings for your case
- Control and adjust the bitrate
- Choose different frame-type like interlaced mode with top or bottom field first.
- It’s not the most user friendly tool out there, but if you have some experience processing videos, you’re going to enjoy it nevertheless
- The main key features include (but not limited to): Intra (4x4, 8x8, 16x16), Inter P (16x16 to 4x4), Inter B (starting from 16x16 to 4x4), Ratecontrol, CAVLC or CABAC, detection of scene cuts, lossless mode, interlacing, support for OpenCL, multithreading encoding for slices, etc
Download X264 Video Codec if you need to encode and compress your video streams while preserving their quality and high resolution.
Updated11 Feb 2021
Downloads17,083 (1 last week)
Top user review